piece of malt extract can's label fell into my homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie114

Reaction score
hello everyone

This is my 3rd home brew and I guess I was getting a bit cocky and rushed through it, I forgot to take the label off the can of malt extract and hops and I must have ripped the label up a bit with the can opener, when I finished pouring it in I noticed a small piece of the label had fallen in, I tried to fish it out with the stirring spoon but eventually I could not even see the piece of label, I know this is probably one of those only time will tell things, but has anyone experienced anything like this and still had there brew turn out fine,
thanks for your time.

Did you boil the piece of paper? If you did you will be OK. I dropped a digital probe thermometer (that was disgustingly dirty) into 5 gallons of cooled wort and everything still came out A OK.

hello everyone

I know this is probably one of those only time will tell things, but has anyone experienced anything like this and still had there brew turn out fine....

All that an more, all that and more. ;)

Read this.

What are some of the mistakes you've made where the beer still turned out great?

In fact I just posted this 2 days ago;

Stirbar.jpg

@Skins_Brew I poured the can into my fermented and then 2 litres of boiled water, did not even think of that most likely it would have sterilised the piece of label

@Revvy Thank you for the article you made, you got me sorted when you mentioned newbie brewers, nervous that there home brew is like a new born baby, but after reading the 30 or so pages of what people have actually done to there brews and had them turn out perfectly fine, I am very confident that my beer will be fine, and after 5 days in the fermenter everything is looking and smelling fine.

Back