Explain your handle / De construct your avatar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened a computer shop in @1992 and needed a company name. I called it D & K Associates. (my wifes and my first intitals). I've since closed the shop but still use the company name for some side work I do ( web disign and consulting). It helps pay for my new habbit. (making beer)

I needed a handle to access Microsofts and my other suppliers when I log in to their sites. In a whime having only minutes to set up an account one day I grabbed dka (from my company name) and add my name, Don and H, from my last name so I came up with dkadonh.. No one ever has this name taken..
I have used this on most every board I accessed every since.

For my Avatar, the current one I fond online I liked it. Not sure if anyone noticed but It is two different faces. Turn your monitor upside down and it's a different face. If you stand on your head to see the other face on my avatar, Make Sure you set your beer mug down first. I am not responsible for spilled beer.

My old avatar was my brewery logo. I designed A two headed eagle with beer mugs in each claw and in the middle was my family crest. I liked it and will put it back up from time to time, I think it looses some iit's looks being so small. I made it for my beer lables.

Because I do, in fact, like stuff.

My avatar is Tobias Funke (David Cross) as a Blue Man Group understudy from Arrested Development, one of my favorite shows (too bad I was one of the only ones).

razyrsharpe was my professional wrestling monicker (Razyr Sharpe). i don't do it any more, but still love the name!
sorry, but i obviously don't have an avatar on this board, so that is all.

Proofman was a nickname I received many years ago (~15)when I was a young lad. When I lived in Cali we had a VERY close circle of friends. Closer than family. They gave me the name because….How can I explain this without destroying my character on this board…..I was a boozer! It started out as Proof (as in 80 proof) and then went to Proofman. That name latched onto me and stuck. There are people in this world that only know me as Proofman. In fact, The frist child to be born in this circle of friends called me Uncle Proofman (and was surprised when he got older and realised that it wasn’t my real name). I moved to Alaska for several years. One friend up there started calling me that when my friends from Cali came up for a visit. Now in Arkansas, the name doesn’t live here. It is revived when we have reunions.

I got married here in Arkansas and my friends flew out for it. For a week people kept hearing the name, but I never explained it to the peoples out here.

I even have my own salute:
proofsalute.jpg

olllllo said:
vanity bump

You mean you want more people to post explanations, or you want people to understand your affinity for one of the greatest vehicles on the planet?

BTW- landhoney is a combination of my wife and my nicknames: "L" and "Honey" - landhoney. Unfortunately, mine is Honey, recieved after revealing in class that I liked it when waitresses called me 'honey'. Didn't stick though, except with my wife.

eriklupust said:
Read Focus's post from last September in this thread. Then:

lupus is the last half of canis lupus. specie name for timber wolf. lupus is also a really nasty disease the guy who tagged me never made the distinction. the rest is first name last init. erik t.

got an avatar but need to payup first...........

erik
avatar would be my buddy 'shadow' at @ 2-3 months he's now 3 1/2 yrs:ban:

Umm...my avatar and screen name are pretty self-explanatory. :D But if you're really curious, that's a flat head axe:

DE_6LBFLATYELLOW.jpg

and a Halligan bar:

twohalligan.gif

married together, "irons" in firefighter-speak. Standard forcible entry tools, can pretty much get into anything with 'em. :rockin:

landhoney said:
You mean you want more people to post explanations, or you want people to understand your affinity for one of the greatest vehicles on the planet?

BTW- landhoney is a combination of my wife and my nicknames: "L" and "Honey" - landhoney. Unfortunately, mine is Honey, recieved after revealing in class that I liked it when waitresses called me 'honey'. Didn't stick though, except with my wife.

huh. I always thought it was "land-honey", short for "land of milk and honey", or some such nonsense. :drunk:

For years and years now, I have been the Satyr at the Texas Ren Fest. If you can't figure out the drunken part, then what are you doing here? *grin*

Simple....Megavites happened to be the brand of vitamins I had on my desk at the time. Hell, I could have been Scotch tape, but it didn't sound as cool.:D

My name is Dave, and my father used to call me "Davey boy" when I was a kid.

I wish I had a more exciting story than that. :)

And my avatar is just a picture of one of my dogs.

Back in the day I played a lot of D&D and still enjoy the whole fantasy genre of books and movies. Roterdrache came into being when a friend and I started running a NWN server from my house in Georgia. For those that don’t play, NWN or Neverwinter Nights is a computer game based off of D&D rules. Anyway, I wanted a name that was different but somewhat familiar and had a presence in terms of D&D. Anyone who has played D&D knows how terrible fighting a red dragon can be so I thought that name would command a bit of respect amongst the other players. But using just RedDragon seemed a little plain so I used the German translation. The name stuck so I now I use for it just about any message board or online account.

No avatar as of yet but I’m working on one for my brewery, Turkeyfoot Brewery.

Evan! said:
huh. I always thought it was "land-honey", short for "land of milk and honey", or some such nonsense. :drunk:

That's one of the reasons I like it as a "handle" , double meaning ;) sort of.

Well my handle came about a few years ago when I was playing Asheron's Call (an online game. Yes, I am a geek). So I just kept using it for everything else since then. (No, I am not Japanese or anything like that)

The title I just chose on a whim, since I was a prolific poster on http://www.ridemonkey.com/

The avatar is basically a pixel art version of me I created on some website.

My handle comes from the Beastie Boys' song by the same name. Its been with me ever since I rolled my Landcruiser on main st while trying (unsuccessfully) to ride on two wheels. No one was hurt or ticketed in the accident but during the event, the CD player got stuck on repeat and on high volume. We couldn't get to the CD player to turn it off because the roof was now in the way. It played that song over and over until we were able to roll the truck back over and disconnect the battery cable.:cross:

My avatar is one of my first beer labels.

My first initial is b; my second initial is r; I think you can figure out my last name.

I like the picture. Two people diggin' the beer. Thats what its all about. :D

I'm a huge Phish fan, and my name is Ed. In a series of songs/story they have written by their guitarist Trey Anastasio called "The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday", there is a character named Icculus. So naturally...Icculus...Ed...Edcculus!

Anthrobe
Anth - my last name, Anthony
Robe - my first name, Robert

This is due to the stupid admin system in college. That is the default for your email address that they give you.

My other main handle (not on this forum) in BobJonTony. I picked that one up when I went to visit Chicago.

"It takes years to establish the status of an internet *******, and I'm not going to do anything to change that" - Me, aka, 98EXL

98 = 1998
EXL = Ex trim level with leather. This was my first car I bought, and I'm on a lot of honda forums, and I just go by it. I never changed it because, well, refer to my world famous quote above

Oh, and that's O RLY? owl....duh!

My screenname is a long story, but I've had it since I first got internet access back in the mid-90s. It's a name that's stuck with me off and on as a real-life nickname since 8th grade, but it's rare for anyone to call me that anymore.

My avatar is 8th Squad Captain Shunsui Kyoraku from the series Bleach. He's extremely laid back and tends to be drinking or asleep most of the time he's seen.

This is me dressed as him at a convention a few months ago:
5923-012.jpg

My granddad moved into a nursing home about a year ago and when he did he gave me his car...

MAN WAS IT A POS!

But for some reason he had named it "greenhornet" and I started calling it that as well....

I only had the car a couple of months bc I got in a wreck and it was totalled....

My new car is named 'ottis'

Okay my handle "the_Roqk was a bit of play on my nickname at work. Aka... "rock". I had gotten it a few years ago after I'd gotten divorced. Because I would go into work early and workout at our gym. Seems as though that was all I did heavily for a period of two years. It kept me sane and out of the mental gutter. I still go in early and workout but not as hard. What can I say, I'm still a health nut!

Anyway my Avatar is the one and only "the rock" himself, Dwayne Johnson. He's a Florida boy and a decent kinda guy so I thought it was only appropriate. Oh, and I was formerly FNNewguy when I first started posting. After I upgraded my membership I decided it was time for the current handle change. Works for me!

C is my first initial, N is my middle initial, and Budz is the first 4 letters of my last name. It started as a school assigned email address. Budz has been a nickname since little league, though it's meaning has changed over time....

Hashers describe themselves as “drinkers with a running problem.” I guess that fits me too. I run an occasional ultramarathon and am 54 years old. That makes me “An Old Ultra Runner.” The current avatar is an abstract picture that my wife painted. The kid in the middle is my nephew with two nieces doing the kissing.

WS100 Climb_scan.JPG

Mine's as obvious as it looks, just a beer themed play on Harley-Davidson.

My avatar is the logo I threw together for my home brewery.
Seven-deuce off-suit is the worst starting hand you can have in hold'em, so that's where that comes from.
I called it Seven-Deuce Brewing Co. because I like the way it sounded better than Seven-Deuce Brewery.
I do think of it as a company; a highly unprofitable, terribly mismanaged company.

I read it as seeing buds and figured it was a pot reference!:drunk:

cnbudz said:
C is my first initial, N is my middle initial, and Budz is the first 4 letters of my last name. It started as a school assigned email address. Budz has been a nickname since little league, though it's meaning has changed over time....

My last name is Talley. It's what everybody calls me. One day a coworker saw me munching on a plate full of cookies and he called me the Talleymonster. My avatar is a photo of me and my 8 week old daughter, Violet.

gonzo's are a type of film that I enjoy sometimes... My avatar should explain itself..although I put it up a little early this year I dont care

GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gonzoflick said:
gonzo's are a type of film that I enjoy sometimes... My avatar should explain itself..although I put it up a little early this year I dont care

GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can someone explain to me WTF gonzo is? The SWMBO and I have been trying to figure that genre out for a month!

I chose mine because of the play on words. There are so many beermakers, brewmiesters, beersmith type names I wanted to be different. I also think the word monger is funny and so it just stuck. It was this or Mashtronaut :D

John is my real name and I love the Traffic song John Barleycorn Must Die about men trying to destroy the barley crop ( John Barleycorn )
And little Sir John in his nut-brown bowl and his brandy in the glass
and little Sir John in his nut-brown bowl proved the stronger man at last .

The Huntsman he can't hunt the fox nor so loudly blow his horn
and the tinker can't mend kettle or pot without a little barleycorn

Back