Anyone in NE Ohio wanna join me for a brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TommyBoy

Reaction score
Anyone interested in teaming up for a 10 gallon batch up in Mentor? I would like to make an IPA but would make whatever if someone has a different interest.

That's something I'd love to do, when I come for a visit in that area. Unfortunately, it might not be for a while. I went three or four times last year (last time at New Year's) so I might not make it back for a while.

Maybe try PMing CBaron- he lives in Cleveland and might want to get together.

That's something I'd love to do, when I come for a visit in that area. Unfortunately, it might not be for a while. I went three or four times last year (last time at New Year's) so I might not make it back for a while.

Maybe try PMing CBaron- he lives in Cleveland and might want to get together.

The invite is always open.

The invite is always open.

I will probably take you up on it, then.

When I was down there over Christmas, I met up with CBBaron, and iamaguitargod and someone else (whose HBT ID totally escapes me right now) and we had a great time at La Cave Du Vin. Hopefully we can manage another meet-up when I get that way again. Brewing would be even better!

I might be down for an IPA brewday sometime soon.

I'm not too far away (Mayfield Heights), and I get up to Mentor Lagoons pretty often for some boating action....

Drop me a PM and maybe we can set something up?

:mug:

I'd be up for a group brew someday. My setup is cheap and therefore portable so I could bring it along if we want to do more than one brew at a time.
I also have some home grown hops but I harvested late so they are not the best quality. Come fall I could provide fresh hops for a harvest IPA though.

I havn't met but a couple HBTers so would welcome the chance to meet more and get a chance to use some real brewing equipment. From your gallery it looks like you have a sweet setup.

I'm in Shaker so its not too far. Unfortunately with a wife (who doesn't appreciate my brewing), kid and family in the area I don't get too many free weekends but I should be able to work something out.

Craig

<edit> And IPA is one of my favorite styles. I make sure that atleast every 3rd brew is an IPA or similar hop head fav.

I'd love to get a group brew together sometime. I'm in Willoughby, so let me know the time and the place. I just did an IPA, but you can never have enough of them around.

Well, its just sugar water right?

I just called they can have the paperwork done in 2 hours. Apparently my biggest problem would be getting my ingredients into the US.

Now I want to do it :)

I can see me on the other side of customs pitching my yeast and cranking the AC

I'm driving to cleveland on may 20, it's supposed to be a 6 hour drive. We'll see then how I feel about that kind of drive.

TommyBoy, do you have any dates in mind? This has potential to be an epic brew day. I'm really looking forward to this.

I will be in the Cleveland Marathon (only running the 10k) Sunday so I could do Sunday afternoon or any other weekend day thereafter. I think you are about an hour away so you probably do not want to brew on a weekday. I would just need to know at least a day in advance to get the starter going. Let me know because either or, I might brew Sunday afternoon so my fermenter will be full for at least a week.

You're right, weekdays are not good for me. Unfortunately, I will be out of town this Sunday. It's a few weeks out, but do you think you'll be brewing on 4/30 or 4/31?

Good luck in the 10K!

You're right, weekdays are not good for me. Unfortunately, I will be out of town this Sunday. It's a few weeks out, but do you think you'll be brewing on 4/30 or 4/31?

Good luck in the 10K!

My time machine is on the fritz right now. How about 5/30 or 5/31. ;)

I'd definitely like to watch and assist anyway I can in an all-grain brewing before I splurge and buy equipment. Send me a PM anytime you brew. I've got a friend who participates here that would love to help, too. (weekends are best, Sundays are greater)

I live in Brunswick and would be up for a group brew with any other NE Ohio Brewers. I only have a set up to do 5 gallons at a time, but I can bring my stuff if we want a bunch of set ups for a giant brew!

:tank:

I would love to do a group brewday! I do partials now and was thinking that I would like to do AG with some experienced brewers to see how it's done. PM me anytime, I live in Garfield Heights and wouldn't mind driving a bit for a brew session!

So let's get a show of hands for 5/30... Everyone would be invited and the suggestion to bring equipment for multiple brews is an awesome idea. I believe the brewmaster from Willoughby Brewing will attend also. I can split up my 10gal with whoever wants to brew with me on my rig. Just either bring a corny/carboy or come up 2 weeks later. Right now I can only offer a pale ale on tap (And some root beer on tap.) but would hope that others can bring some interesting brews to share.

I'll say yes tentatively. I don't think I have anything going on then. I'll run it by the GF and see if she would like to join me.

Tommy, If we split the cost of the batch, could I go in on your rig? I don't relish the thought of lugging my mash tun, burner, propane tank, kettle, carboy and all the other stuff down from my 12th floor apt. Also, if I were to do this, what would you be brewing?

I'm tentative pending a check with my planner (wife).
If I make it I will bring my cheap AG brewing rig (turkey fryer and cooler) so we can run multiple batches.
Never can have too many IPAs, so I will plan on bringing the supplies for that. And ofcourse a little selection of beer.

Craig

I'm helping a friend move on 5/30, but, if you make it a regular thing, I'd definitely be down to show up for one or two or the rest of them. ;)

I'm helping a friend move on 5/30, but, if you make it a regular thing, I'd definitely be down to show up for one or two or the rest of them. ;)

I just picked up a 5 gallon bucket of 6oz each of 7 different hops, 4lb of Carahell 1.5lb of corriander, and 1.5 lb of orange peel. Add that to the 95lbs of 2 row and Carawheat I got last week and you could say that I will be brewing every other week for a while. I got it all for $50 too! All I need to do is get some different yeast and I am ready for some wheat beers!

I'll say yes tentatively. I don't think I have anything going on then. I'll run it by the GF and see if she would like to join me.

Tommy, If we split the cost of the batch, could I go in on your rig? I don't relish the thought of lugging my mash tun, burner, propane tank, kettle, carboy and all the other stuff down from my 12th floor apt. Also, if I were to do this, what would you be brewing?

Sure. My batches are costing around $15-$20 (Not including propane.) right now for 10gal. (Seriously) I would like to do a pale ale or IPA on the 30th and maybe a wheat on the 13th of June.

I'm good for 5/30. As far as brewing, I will have to do some logistical planning. I could probably pull off a brew-in-a-bag. I'll bring a few samples of homebrew for sure.

Ah, I just remembered I will be busy that weekend. Wish I could join you! If this goes well, maybe we can plan another one before the summer is over.

I'm good for 5/30. As far as brewing, I will have to do some logistical planning. I could probably pull off a brew-in-a-bag. I'll bring a few samples of homebrew for sure.

Eddculus can't make it so you can partake in half of my 10 gallons.

The 30th looks good for me! I've never done AG before and would like to see the process. What time are we talking about? PM me some directions. I don't have much in the way of equipment, but anything you need let me know.

Sounds like a blast!

I live in Northfield Center about 35 minutes from you! This sounds like fun, am busy the 30th but would like to join in another time!

Unfortunately I am busy too on 5/30, but would love to come another time! I have no problem bringing my equipment and of course, a nice sampling of some of my brews :)

Anyone interested can PM me for directions. I would like to start at 10:00am so we can have a boil by 12:00 - 1:00 and relax with some pizza or something else that can be delivered.

Let me know,

Oh, and I would be up for another batch on 6/13 maybe???

Tom

Man... I wish I saw this thread yesterday. Just made a monster Green Flash IPA clone yesterday in Euclid. Tried getting one of my buddies to come over and enjoy the process but everyone was a no-show. Haven't met any other HBers here in the NE Ohio area....

I'm actually originally from Concord and I'm up at Spuddy's and Headwaters every once in a while still. Actually, just picked up a chest freezer from a guy in MOTL on Friday for $50.00. Getting the kegging equipment in today from Midwest.

We'll have to all get together sometime and do a big brew off. You said that the brewmaster from WBC would possibly attend... I'm thinking you try to convince him to allow us to have a brewing party either on the back patio or even in the parking lot. I'm sure that there would be a good turn out and I'm sure WBC would just love to have a bunch of HBers out there bringing people in to check it out.

Man... I wish I saw this thread yesterday. Just made a monster Green Flash IPA clone yesterday in Euclid. Tried getting one of my buddies to come over and enjoy the process but everyone was a no-show. Haven't met any other HBers here in the NE Ohio area....

I'm actually originally from Concord and I'm up at Spuddy's and Headwaters every once in a while still. Actually, just picked up a chest freezer from a guy in MOTL on Friday for $50.00. Getting the kegging equipment in today from Midwest.

We'll have to all get together sometime and do a big brew off. You said that the brewmaster from WBC would possibly attend... I'm thinking you try to convince him to allow us to have a brewing party either on the back patio or even in the parking lot. I'm sure that there would be a good turn out and I'm sure WBC would just love to have a bunch of HBers out there bringing people in to check it out.

Ahhhh,... I would of been there!

I will talk to him about it. The thing is he is a brewer that does it for the job, not because he is really into brewing. He just kinda was tossed into the position last year after working there for years. He hates tours because he gets bugged the whole time with questions while he is trying to make a batch so I am not too sure how interested he would be in doing that but we can ask him if he shows up pending he is not brewing that morning.

So are you interested in stopping by?

There might only be a couple people coming for a brew day this Saturday but I thought I would throw another post up in case someone missed this thread earlier.

I have 1 person in with me for 10 gallons and maybe another on a separate rig. There might be a couple others stopping by to check it out and mooch off the homebrew. :cross: (You all know how those non-homebrewer promises are though.)

I would like to start at 10:00am.

Back