So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a Russian Imperial Stout for tomorrow. The yeast starter is going very strong.

Got the second try at the Scotch Ale in - last time I didn't follow instructions and overhopped it. I called it my Scotch IPA #blegh

I just finished a batch of Strwberry blonde for SWMBO, everyone knows, if she's not happy, nobody is happy :)

Brewed an Oatmeal foreign extra stout today.This stuff is blaaaaack.
10 lbs 2 row
1 lb biscuit
1 lb caramel 60
1/2 lb black patent
1/2 lb roasted barely
2 lbs flaked oats

1 oz centennial at first wort
1 oz centennial at 45 minutes
1/2 oz cascade at 30 minutes
1/2 oz cascade at 15 minutes

1 whirlfloc tablet at 10 minutes

Safale US-05 yeast starter used
OG 1.073 ABV 7% FG should be around 1.018
IBU 40 Color 35
6 gallon batch
7 gallon boil volume.

Brewhouse efficiency 82%, third all grain batch, 82% each time. i think i have found my calling. i did an amber ale last saturday for national homebrew day.

RIS is in the fermenter. It took a detour, forced me to think and adapt. But, in the end, I made beer . . . tastes pretty good too. RDWHAHB FTW!

Just got a Dawson's Multi Grain kit from NB into my fermentor. It may turn out to be the prettest beer we've ever made.

...oh it finished with an OG of 1040.

OK, so I'm technically brewing on a Monday morning but I'm putting it up here anyway:

SNPA clone with WLP500 yeast.

Cali-Belgique Pale Ale.

Brewed an original recipe pale ale last night. Has some victory and honey malt in it. All home-grown hops, nugget and cascade, including 3 oz hop steep for 1/2 hr at the end of the boil. 1.054 OG and gluggin away this morning at 68 degrees with the Wyeast 1272 yeasties party!! :rockin:

:mug:

The kids sporting events got cancled due to rain and high winds, so I stopped and picked the stuff up for a cream ale. I needed a good easy drinking ale in the pipeline for the summer. Enjoyed a few pints of my "munich madness bock" while I was brewing. at almost 7% abv on a empty stomach I was starting to feel it and almost missed my second hop addition.

Does soaking & cleaning bottles count? lolz...

Unionrdr, I am sadly not brewing either. I guess bottle cleaning season it is for me as well.

We should make our own thread "Whos cleaning bottles this weekend!" Hope all you guys have an awesome brew day. :mug:

Going for my first 10-gallon batch tomorrow, as well as the maiden voyage of the new march pump.

Cream of Three Crops anyone?

Brewing a mocha porter and bottling my dirty blonde ale on Sunday... Bottling some of my mead tomorrow/Saturday... Not to mention planning on making some chili on Saturday too. Going to be a busy weekend.

i'm gonna do my best to sneak in a batch of centennial blonde tomorrow. busy day though.

Bottled Brewferm framboise kit. Tastes yum. Took ages in primary maybe 5 - 6 weeks. Tasted 3 weeks ago was yuck then. What a difference 3 weeks makes.

Brewing a 5 gallon batch of Ginger beer now I think I've got that to a T.

Brewing 10 gallons (2x5) of different Belgian's now. Forget the recipes at the moment; I'll have to get another brew.

Brewing my Doomsday IPA, since May 21st is suppose to be the apocalypse and all, I thought it fitting.

Helping my uncle get back into the hobby tomorrow. Brewing up some sort of IPA, with hopefully plenty of simcoe and amarillo late in the boil.

Back