Serving Root Beer with Cobra vs Tap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcows

Reaction score
I haven't made root beer for a few years but prior to that I have made many kegs of root beer and served with no problems. I am now getting only foam and the only difference I can attribute it to is using a cobra tap vs a regular tap? Could this be the case?

Mike

has your serving temperature or keg pressure changed? has the length of your beer line decreased? all those things could contribute

has your serving temperature or keg pressure changed? has the length of your beer line decreased? all those things could contribute

I know the length of line hasn't changed since I am using the same line, temp is the same. I am wondering about the pressure though? I thought I had been running at about 30 and that is how it set and left it to carb now I am wondering if I might not have been closer to 25? Would 5 psi make a big difference?

Maybe too high for real beer, but not for root beer. Most commercial sodas have 3-5 vol. of CO2, so that's just about right.

I carb at 30 psi at room temp and it gives me somewhat weak carbonation (for soda).

How much line do you use?

Back