My craigslist score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilTOJ

Reaction score
I saw an ad on craigslist for some corny kegs for sale for $10 each, so I emailed the guy. I also saw one advertizing for various kinds of keg fittings and tubing for $25, so I answered that one too. Turns out the two ads were the same guy. I seemed pretty serious about buying the stuff, which is why he called me back about it. Anyways, so I showed up, and he had a few other things for sale as well. Here is my haul;

- empty 20# CO2 tank

- an aluminum (NOT SS) 15.5 sanke keg from openmars brewing company

- two ball lock corny kegs

- two homemade counterpressure bottle fillers, one of which is made with all kinds of SS fittings and valves.

- two CO2 one gauge regulars with check valves

- many feet of various kinds of tubing, the likes of which I have not ever seen. I'll have to read up on what it all does.

- A sanke tap

- Two picnic taps with pinlocks

- two more beer out pinlocks

- two gas in pinlocks

- 4 sets of SS quick disconnects

- 4 sets of brass quick disconnects

All for only.....

wait for it.....

wait for it....

$60 :D :ban: :D :ban:

After I got all the stuff loaded into the van and we're driving away, I locked the doors and told SWMBO "Now, if he comes running up the driveway at us because he just realized what a deal we got, just pretend he's not there". I now have pretty much everything I need to make my kegorator! I just need to get the CO2 filled and get some forward sealing taps. And a converted freezer. Oh and I think I still need a manifold because that T fitting is not going to cut it for just two kegs.

The guy still had a cooler jockey box and two corny kegs that had sanke fittings on them instead of ball locks. I'm thinking of picking them up if he still has them and using them for special runs like mead or apvelwein, or soda. Oh and he had a 5 lb CO2 tank that for some ungodly reason I almost took instead of the 20 pounder. Feel free to be jealous of my good luck.

Oh I could, but you're just a creepy uncle! :D

I'm tellin ya, the wine bottle deserved it.

OMFG... go grab the other stuff, if he's selling it as cheap as he was selling the other stuff, you could always re-sell at a profit, and the Sanke-cornies would at the very least make nice secondary fermenters.

I emailed the guy the next day about those Sanke cornies, but someone else had already bought them along with the jockey box and CO2 tank. Oh well. Woe is me. :D I felt a little twinge of guilt but I tamped that down quickly as I drove away. Hey, I've been searching craigslist almost every day for two years for an awesome score like this, so I think I deserve it this time.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the other counter pressure bottle filler. I'll sell it to ya for $60! ;)

You bastard. I am totally jealous. This is the type of deal that keeps me searching craigslist every day. *Fingers crossed* it will happen to me someday.

Back