Electric Brewtroller HERMS Build.....Complete!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmmbeer

Reaction score
First off I have to give a big thank you to everyone on this site. I started this project over a year ago, with planning and scrounging parts on ebay and there is no way I could have built my rig without all the great information on this site. After all the planning, I had decided to build a brewtroller controlled HERMS system that I was finally able to get up and running last Saturday. I decided to do a 10 gallon batch of a blonde ale. Surprisingly, everything went really well. I was able to maintain my mash temp consistently, reaching an efficiency of about 78%. Although everything went as planned, there are a couple things I'm going to change. I currently have a stainless immersion coil in the brew kettle that I think im going to change out to a plate chiller. The coil worked, but it takes up alot of room in the kettle and is difficult to clean. I also need to move my mash temp sensor out of the mash tun and in line with the fluid going through the HEX coil. Overall though I am very pleased with the results. Anyways on to the pictures....

The Brewery!
25tj8l0.jpg

The HLT
4lk4ex.jpg

The Mash Tun
fw3hww.jpg

Inside the control panel
1538ytw.jpg

Brewtroller
346t47l.jpg

First Brew Day
23koz0x.jpg

First Beer!
t01e2o.jpg

Congratulations on finishing your system, and on your first brew! I like the cable runs you used.

Can you post a better picture of your control panel front?

GREAT BUILD! :tank:

+1 on a control panel pic and - if you have the time to design and post it - the schematic of the connections.

Back