Scrap Yards in Denver for Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazers22

Reaction score
Have not had any success looking for retired kegs, or just cheap kegs in the denver area. I was wondering if anyone has had any success at local scrap yards?

Thanks

Yes I can give you a number. I got mine from a liquor store in englewood. Here is the ad I found on craigslist. It looks like he is buying kegs but when I called him he sold them too. This is where I got mine.

I will pay $20.00 cash for any quantites of new style and current keg shells. (Bud, Coors, Miller, Fat Tire and about 25 other types) See picture of what a current keg shell looks like below. For 1 to 5 kegs, you must deliver them. 5 or more kegs, depending on where you are, I may come and pick them up. Kegs that are outdated may not be worth anything, or less then $20.00. Call me for details, or just bring them to the Liquor Barn at 4415 S. Broadway in Englewood.
Liquor Barn is open 9:00 to Midnight - 7 day a week!
We will also purchase:
Universal New Style Taps - We Will pay $15.00. We do not pay anything for Banner Taps or Push Button Taps.
CO2 Systems, Kegerators, CO2 tanks - E-mail your price and a picture if you have one.
Please call 303-789-4100 or
Call Gary at (303) 807-3316 or email at [email protected]

Not sure of the legalities of these kegs but if they are sold to him from someone who stole them and then he turns and sells them to us. Well that is far enough removed for me. Also he will only sell you certain kegs. Some, like fat tire he can not sell because of his agreements with his distributers.

Thanks so much I really appreciate it. I have seen that advertisement as well but never thought of calling.

Sorry to drag this back up, but I figured I'd update the info somewhat — the Liquor Barn "sells" keg shells for a $35 deposit. I asked them for some clarification on this, and was up front about the fact that what I wanted it for meant I was not going to be returning it, and the response was "It's yours, you can keep it."

So, I don't know how other people feel about the specifics of this sort of thing, but as far as the Liquor Barn goes, they're fine with it. If you're worried about screwing someone over though, I'm not sure the way Liquor Barn obtains these kegs is 100% kosher (buying them from individuals). It very well may be that Liquor Barn has an agreement with distributors to collect these shells and re-sell them, but ya.

Do with this information what you'd like.

Back