kegerator 150$ at Home Depot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springer

Reaction score
Yup you heard right . I went to HD to get driveway sealer when I see a Vassani kegerator out of the box sitting in the clearance isle. No price so I ask the appliance girl what the price is after her looking for it on the computer she says "I have no idea its not in the system." She gets the MOD he say's "Oh the little fridge its 150$ if you want it I will go with you to the register."

Well I couldn't get it on the flat truck fast enough. Its totally brand new came with a 5 lb tank all the fittings and the tower.

So here she is already hooked up .

kegerator51.jpg

the door looks black in the pic buts its Stainless

I already swapped out the faucet to a Perlick 525.

kegerator16.jpg

I plan on changing the tower to the two faucet chrome one thats sitting on my other kegerator/fermenter

Man, you guys are so lucky! This is the second thread I have read today about guys finding kegerators for less that $200. You guys could fall into a hole full of chit and come out smelling like roses and I could fall in a hole full of roses and come out smelling like chit.:confused:

Nice... I've inquired about scratch & dent stuff @ HD, they stare at me like I am from Mars. I have noticed however if you can find items they want to clear out the managers pretty much make up a number on the spot.

I really didn't need it as I had just started on the chest freezer kegerator but I just had to buy it. I bought it without even getting the sealer I didn't want anyone messing up the deal. I loaded it into my truck and SWMBO stayed in the truck and I went back to get the sealer.

Man, you guys are so lucky! This is the second thread I have read today about guys finding kegerators for less that $200. You guys could fall into a hole full of chit and come out smelling like roses and I could fall in a hole full of roses and come out smelling like chit.:confused:

I procrastinated on doing the driveway for the past three weeks . Saturday SWMBO say's get the truck we are doing the sealant this weekend ...

And she even paid for it:rockin:

I have the same. I bought it last year around the same time when it was on sale, too. A lot of people don't like it and have problems with it, but I don't. Just upgraded to a dual tower. Just google Vassani home depot kegerators and a lot of fools are posting how ****ty the thing is. I think we also have 2-3 postings here somewhere. Adjust temp screw, add a fan and that thing is awesome for the money

I have the same. I bought it last year around the same time when it was on sale, too. A lot of people don't like it and have problems with it, but I don't. Just upgraded to a dual tower. Just google Vassani home depot kegerators and a lot of fools are posting how ****ty the thing is. I think we also have 2-3 postings here somewhere. Adjust temp screw, add a fan and that thing is awesome for the money

Well I will look into the adjusting the thermostat but I like my beer at 40-42° range anyway.I wont be putting in room temp beer anyways as I cold crash then keg, these little fridges don't have the capacity to take large items like a 1/2 barrel from 50 to 40 that quickly. They are like the fridges in campers work great when you put cold stuff in but put a case of warm beer in it and it gets overwhelmed.

Most of the people posting about the temps want their beer 34-33°:drunk:.

the fridge will maintain temp at 40 ° so I didn't have to do anything to the thermostat . I am going to add a small fan just to move that air around

I picked one of these up last fall myself for the same price when HD was looking to unload overstocked "summer" inventory. Hard to beat for a SWMBO friendly "in-house" kegerator.

I added a second faucet to the stock tower and got rid of the tower shank that came with it. Pics in my gallery.

Upgraded both shanks to welded tower elbow shanks after the tubing cracked on the original straight shank that came with it. Not very nice to find a cup of beer that has leaked out of the door onto the floor. The tubing is not very forgiving when it is bent that tight and cooled.

I picked one of these up last fall myself for the same price when HD was looking to unload overstocked "summer" inventory. Hard to beat for a SWMBO friendly "in-house" kegerator.

I added a second faucet to the stock tower and got rid of the tower shank that came with it. Pics in my gallery.

Upgraded both shanks to welded tower elbow shanks after the tubing cracked on the original straight shank that came with it. Not very nice to find a cup of beer that has leaked out of the door onto the floor. The tubing is not very forgiving when it is bent that tight and cooled.

The new tower is a little larger in diameter than the factory one and has the proper shanks . I need to modify the base to accept the way the factory tower is mounted. I like that the tower isn't held on by the screws just a twist lock deal .

I saw your post this morning when I was out on the road (I love my iPhone). I went to 4different Home Depot's today looking and praying to find that thing for $150.00.
Didn't see it in any, but I did pick up copper tubing and fittings to make my imerssion chiller. At least I have something to do while the rest of my beer conditions...
Dave

this one was the display unit but it was intact. I guess they sold all the others in stock. Now I can keep 5 kegs on tap SWMBO wants to use it outside during parties. Gotta say it nice when they like the hobby and the more important the beer.

I just picked up this same Keggorator Yesterday. Found it at home Depot on Tuesday, they got only 4 in. Had my work car and could not fit it. Asked the sales girl if I could see it. She opened the box so I could look at it.
Went back yesterday to pick it up, the one I looked at was on the floor with a clearence sticker on it because it was the floor model. I know it was the New one from the day before, so I took it without the box and saved an extra 50 bucks.

I have had it running over night with a thermometer in it, and it is maintaining temps of 30* with no problem (no kegs in it).

I have a double tower on order from Kegconnection, it will be here monday.

Springer, were you able to fit the double tower to the fridge? Looking at the current opening for the tower, I was not sure if I was going to need to drill a larger opening. Were you able to use the twist lock, or did you drill holes and bolt the tower to the top?
Thanks for any help, this is my first attempt at kegging and excited is an understatement!

Thanks,
Dave

Dave I haven't put the duel tower on yet. Because the duel tower is 3 inches and the units tower is 2.5 inch I plan on cutting a disk out of plywood painting it black and then attaching the mount from the old tower to that . This way no mods to the kegerator are needed.

So if I am picturing this right in my head, attach the larger tower to the plywood top, the black twist insert at the bottom of the plywood, and everything should fit right in? No drilling at all?
Hard to think of since I do not have the new tower in hand.
Does this sound correct to you?
Thanks,
Dave

So if I am picturing this right in my head, attach the larger tower to the plywood top, the black twist insert at the bottom of the plywood, and everything should fit right in? No drilling at all?
Hard to think of since I do not have the new tower in hand.
Does this sound correct to you?
Thanks,
Dave

Thats what I am doing. The original base will need to put on the disk first since its smaller than the new tower . Then you just screw the new tower to the plywood disk and twist her onto the unit. I most likely will put the adapter on first then put the new tower on, this way everything will be lined up properly . Can't have a crooked tower

Thanks for the Help!
I now have to add this to my weekend projects list!
Making beer and doing homebrew related things is taking over my life...
I love it!

http://www.homebrewchatter.com/boar...-home-depot-dual-tower-conversion-from-t6665/

Here's a link to my dual tower conversion...works perfect. As already mentioned, I have had the same kegerator for almost one year and it works great. I recenetly got a dual tower from Micromatic (prob the same Kegconnection sells, I know Beveragefactory sells MM) and it works great on the opening. All you have to do is drill new holes for the screws to mount it

Which way do you turn the thermost litte screw to lower temp on the Vissani kegerator, i can get only 48 degrees out of mine, Thanks

If that's still the case install a small computer fan. I wouldn't mess with the thermost too much

Counter clockwise. It's trial and error. Just keep an eye on it. Mine held 36* no problem.

+1 on looking for the dented and scratched stuff. I got my chest freezer (can't remember the size) for $200 new (but dented a tiny bit on the top OHHH NOOO) and it retailed for $289 out of the box. It'll hold 3 or 4 kegs and a CO2 tank.

If that's still the case install a small computer fan. I wouldn't mess with the thermostat too much

The Vissani thermostat is not horrible once you get it calibrated.
I used a spare Love temp controller to monitor the temperature when I first got it set up.
Once I adjusted the calibration screw it holds the temp within about 2° without any problem.
Take your time and make small adjustments until you get it where you want it.

That's what I did, too. But I know sometimes people have issues with that hence the recommendation for the fan. I'm pretty happy with my Vissani for sure

Since I have gotten messages about the broken link; here's the proper link again:
Vissani Kegerator (Home Depot) Dual Tower conversion from 2.5" to 3"

http://www.homebrewchatter.com/boar...-home-depot-dual-tower-conversion-from-t6665/

Here's a link to my dual tower conversion...works perfect. As already mentioned, I have had the same kegerator for almost one year and it works great. I recenetly got a dual tower from Micromatic (prob the same Kegconnection sells, I know Beveragefactory sells MM) and it works great on the opening. All you have to do is drill new holes for the screws to mount it

I was at hd today couldn't find the kegerator, but they had a vissani 52 bottle wine fridge for 150. Looks like almost the same thing w/o the tower. Anybody think it would be worth converting?

Please note that the "special" was a long time ago ... most people bought theirs in late 2009 and appears that they discontinued them in 2010 at some point for my understanding (could be wrong about the dates though).

As far as the wine fridge goes, I don't think it's a good idea. While I have no experience with it, I have heard a lot of people not having success with it due to the temperature. For my understanding the wine fridges only get so cold...

Back