Brew Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saboral

Reaction score
So here in Virginia I've noticed that starting a brew club isn't the easiest; particularly when you're not in one of the major cities/urban areas (i.e. Richmond, NoVA, Fredericksburg, Hampton Roads, Roanoke, Winchester). I've seen lots of posts about guys interested in starting clubs.

In Warrenton we have a small thing going that's primarily my buddy and I along with about 5 of our friends from NoVA that come out. We come out to Big Brew Day, Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day, and have even had success doing our own big brew day to make a combined 70 gallons of imperial stout for bourbon barrel aging.

All this said I've seen posts pop up about people in Orange, Culpepper, and Rappahannock Counties looking for a club. I don't think any one of us are going to find a large club out here in rural Virginia. I'd like to look at merging interest with others in the area between Orange, Madison, Culpepper, Fauquier, and Rappahannock Counties to get something going. I don't mind driving out 30 minutes or so to a meeting, unfortunately that's one of the trade offs of our rural lifestyle, travel times.

Anyone interested?

Sounds a lot like what I ran into up here in Northern Vermont.

There is a large (and very talented) club from Burlington, VT.
They have a very diverse and widespread membership base, and they tend to spread out regularly and have brewdays at various members houses, but even the closest to me is still around 50-60 minute drive.

We are working on getting a club together up here but it is as difficult as your experience. There are people that are interested, several came to the AHA Big Brew Day / Demonstration on 5/2/15.
Oddly enough, a couple of "interested" people suddenly became very uninterested when they learned that the end product was not immediately available.

I want members in the worst way, but I will watch people like that walk away all day long and be content to be by myself.

Good luck in your membership endeavor.

-Vermont

Back