Brew Riot 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knelson13A

Reaction score
I didn't get to go last year, but I think I'm going to try to this year. Hopefully
I'll be able to get a couple of beers done by then.

Anyone planning on going this year? For those who have been in the past, is it mostly teams, or individuals? I'm not in any homebrew clubs, so I would be on my own. Also, how do you setup with kegs out there? Kegs in trashcans/ice to keep them cool with your CO2 tank sitting there?

My team is already registered! Last year was my second time and we racked up a few awards (including People's Choice).

The first year, I just entered by myself and had my sister help me pour beers. That time, I didn't have any kegging equipment, so I was pouring from bottles out of a cooler out of ice. For the effort, it wasn't that bad of a set up.

Last year, we essentially had a large jockey box with our kegs and CO2 inside.. The normal jockey box with ice inside seems to be the most common set up there.

Feel free to ask away here or DM me.

My club (see my sig) is signed up. We've been there the last 3 years. Last year one of our beers even made the write-up in the Dallas Morning News!

Thanks guys! I'm thinking about doing an IPA and a hefe. I'm not going to spend the money to buy/build a jockey box, I don't think. Might just do the trashcan thing. I should be able to fit two corny's in a big trashcan, I'd think.

Anybody going? My team (The Fort) will be there, but I'll actually be in Korea.

So TABC is trying to screw us over again. Now they are only allowing people associated with Homebrewing teams try homebrew. When you register, you now have to select a team or else you can't try homebrew. If you need a team to select, pick mine, The Fort.

Another Brew Riot in the books. I am absolutely exhausted, there's not enough coffee in the world this morning. Still, as much as I complain about their organization, Brew Riot is an absolute blast.

Holy crap I've never heard of this before. What a great idea. We have am annual chili cook off with popular choice awards in our town and I had been thinking that somebody should do something like that for beer.

You Texas guys are way ahead!

Back