Rhizomes for trade/practically free

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebou4860

Reaction score
I ordered some rhizomes this year but SWMBO has hop planting area slated for HER flower bed.

So I have 2 cascades and 1 monster Hallertau that need a good home. What do you say you throw me a couple of homebrews and enough of the product for one batch if/when these produce some flowers.

Three solutions here :
1. Put them in big pots
2. Get new wife
3. Change labels on them to flowers she want to plant and then lie through your teeth.

I grow mine over an arbor as an "ornamental" - The vines are already about 6 ft here in the NW and in several weeks the entire thing will be covered and lasts all through the summer providing greenery and shade. The only downside is you hae to keep them trimmed back from where you walk through as the vines are really "rough" and will give you "rope burn" if you they rub past your skin...

one of my crew is currently growing some hoppies
2 hallertau
1 fuggle
1 cascade

they're peaking out and growing fast. we might get some use out of them this year, but i think next year will be the winner :D

sux teh wife won't let you plant them. you don't have room somewhere else?

Hop vines are extremely attractive and some varieties, like sunbeam, are sold as ornamentals. Point out that the hops will be above the bed and will shade the flowers in hot weather.

If you really, really, really can't use them, I'd love to give them a try! I could send you a couple or three homebrews if you want. I'd have to find a place that's kind of "deer proof", because I've heard that deer will eat them when they first start out of the ground.

Edit- I have a spot that would work. I'd love to give it a try.

Latest posts

Back