Is my cider infected!?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcaple1

Reaction score
So I brewed up a batch of Brandon 0's Graff about a 2 months ago and bottled it all after 3 weeks of primary into 1 liter flip top bottles. After 2 weeks of carbing, I began drinking them; had about 6 liters now and all seem to have carb'd up nicely. However, last night I popped one open and it started foaming all over the place and reeked of vinegar. I just dumped the bottle and had a CDA instead since the cider malfunction kind of turned me off. What's the deal, was this bottle infected or what, or are all my remaining bottled going to be disasters like this? :drunk::drunk:

I hope you just had a funky bottle. There is only one way to find out. Drink more.

Yeah, this is my only infection that I know of if it truly is one. Some people say they go 10-50 batches without getting an infected bottle, so I guess I'm right on par if that it really what is going on here.

Back