German style beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a German style beer faucet to make it easier to enjoy my beer from the keg. Currently I have only picnic taps and they are a PITA for everyday beer consumption. The German style beer faucets feature a nob for adjustable flow restriction and a creamer option (push back on the handle and you get all foam). I though I saw them on Morebeer some time ago, but they don't seem to have them anymore.

Does anyboy know of some other store that may carry them?

I could get them sent from Germany, but I'm not 100% sure that if they fit the US shanks and other hardware.

Thanks,
Kai

I know that I have seen them as well, but not for awhile. If they don't fit the shanks, can you order some German shanks with the faucet?

Check out the German eBay for them.

Be sure you see the PayPal "P" symbol or else they'll expect a wire transfer.

I have a friend over there who pays for me (from his German bank account)when that situation arrives. I just send him a check later.

He mails my items via the APO. Saves me postage overall.:D

homebrewer_99 said:
I have a friend over there who pays for me (from his German bank account)when that situation arrives. I just send him a check later.

I have family in Germany, so that wouldn't be a problem.

But yes, it seems that the German taps are not so polular over here. The only one I can find is some high-end one on Morebeer for $350 !!!.

Kai

So I called Morebeer and they told me that they stopped carrying the German faucets because they don't fit the american shanks and tap hardware. They try to get them again, but at this point my best option is getting them from Germany, pay $350 for the "Super faucet" they sell or buy one of their German draft towers.

I guess I'll be getting them from Germany.

Kai

Maybe not as high end as you want, but you can get it in a few days for fairly cheap

Creamer faucet. Handsome German-made faucet has an extremely durable black plastic body with chrome nozzle, threads and lever. The special feature of this faucet is the pour—pushing back on the tap handle whips air into the beer. This tops your glass with a dense and long-lasting foamy head for the best possible presentation of your beer. Requires shank and tap handle, sold separately.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/faucets-and-shanks.html

creamer-faucet.jpg

Back