hot pepper seeds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

friarjohn

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had some bhut jolekia seeds they would be willing to share? I hane access to a green house, so i hope to grow some. Please pm if you do, more of an experiment. I seen them on the history channel tonight. I cant believe they use them to repell elephants.

I was wondering if anyone had some bhut jolekia seeds they would be willing to share? I hane access to a green house, so i hope to grow some. Please pm if you do, more of an experiment. I seen them on the history channel tonight. I cant believe they use them to repell elephants.

You tube them. There is some older guy from Hawaii trying just a chunk of the vein. I went to some place down here that does a food challenge with them and failed miserably. I didn't curl up into a ball like him but I look like I was hit with tear gas and it felt like someone was stabbing me in the stomach with a hot knife until they came out. Then it felt like I was sitting on Icy Hot for the next "2 hours" after passing them. Other guys I went with to do the challenge puked them up (1 of them finished the challenge but he isn't right to begin with).

had some dried ghost chilis and I took one out of the bag and bit the tip off of it. Now let me preface this by me saying I like hot food, matter a fact eating a fresh habanero is uncomfortable but not to the point where I have to throw up/spit it out/curse the toilet etc etc.

These are hot, and I mean I couldn't open my eyes after eating a small piece of a dried pepper hot. I will never eat another one of these again or even handle them. I was curious and found several videos of people on youtube eating these and some of them were even able to maintain their composure and that alone blows my mind, they must have something wrong with their taste buds because these things are absurd.

It is a bit late to start them now for your area; they have a very long growing season. Can't hurt to try though, probably get something before first frost. I got seeds from a seed company; forget where, but do a search and you can find them. Would be way cheaper for someone to give you some. I think we got 5-10 seeds for a several dollars. Our plants are about a foot high with flowers already, maybe peppers now too. Haven't put them outside yet. This time next year I will probably have hundreds of seeds. Seeds are a rip off but I guess they have to make their money. Hybrid seeds are different though, you only get true seed by cross pollination and that takes some work.

I put mine in the ground yesterday, they are more like 1 1/2 to 2' tall. Lots of flowers but I don't see any peppers yet. That is 4 plants but I also have 2 smaller ones that sprouted much later, they are only about 5" tall.

Back