CPC Disconnect O-Ring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speshak

Reaction score
I got a few of the CPC disconnects (http://new.midwestsupplies.com/polysulfone-quick-disconnects-1-2-male-npt-adapter-1.html) with a load of equipment I bought off craigslist. A couple of the o-rings are chewed up so I would like to replace them. I've found them online for ~$1 apiece, but I can't bring myself to pay that much for an o-ring.

I think that McMaster-Carr part #9396K22 is close (and in silicone) but I'd like to know if anyone knows exactly what part number I need. I measured a few times, but I don't trust my cheap plastic calipers anymore.

I believe you are spot on with the part number. After spending way too much time researching, I found a reference on the CPC site indicating 731600 is their replacement part number and the dimensions are ID=0.614; CS=0.70 for the BUNA-n and AS568-16 reference for the EPDM. MC #9396k22 seems to meet those numbers.

Ouch!

Probably don't want to order from these guys.....

Hello

64937 are the replacement EPDM O-rings for those fittings. They are sold in a package of 100 for $74.40.

Please feel free to contact us Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, with any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Berta Thaman
United States Plastic Corp.®
Technical Support Representative
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm, Eastern
Phone: 419-228-2242 / 800-537-9724 Ext. 610
Fax: 419-228-5034 / 800-854-5498
www.usplastic.com
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----

Received: 3/23/2010 9:20 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Customer Can't Find Product - USP

A contact form was submitted at 3/23/2010 10:20:47 PM.
The user was not logged in.
The user posted this request from the following address:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=27575&catid=743
Message follows

Do you sell the replacement o-rings for these QD's? Do you know the size? Item #: 60801 In Stock: On Order Sold By: Each Manufacturer: Colder Products Catalog Page Number: P-310

And I was worked up about paying a buck per...

I'm still sitting on that McMaster Carr order, maybe I'll actually pull the trigger now that the weather is getting nice again. It's good to see that my calipers aren't that messed up.

I am having a terrible time with those o-rings as well. I have replaced all of mine at least once and it's ridiculous. Thanks for the McMaster part number. They also have them in PTFE which might be a little more durable here: http://www.mcmaster.com/#ptfe-o-rings/=6x5fwp

Not sure if I want those or the silicone yet. But with a bag of 100, I would be able to replace them several times.

I've found that mine behave a little better if I lube them up before assembly. Just hitting them with a quick spray from my starsan bottle has made most of my problems go away.

I have also been struggling with this problem. I finally got in touch with an engineer at Colder who makes the parts that are sold through CPC. After she asked me some tech questions, it appears I have the wrong couplers which are not polysulfone. She seems to think that these cannot handle the temps or that somehow wart degrades the O ring. In any case I am working with McMaster Carr to find a better replacement. Maybe we all should have gone with the ss ones from Bargain Fittings.

Back