Back from Hols, another prize!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alx Rains

Reaction score
Well I just got home from my yearly 2 weeks holiday, spending 1/2 of it setting up and enjoying a folk music festival/with Home brew comp. It was fun, Winning the h/b Comp again was also fun! Surprisingly tho the brews that I expected to place didn't get a mention(Judge biased against Cider- Apparantly too easy to make "clear " cider so only 3/5 in that bit - so 5 of my brews were knobbled! Luckily I had put in 3 beers as well. The American Pale Ale "Little Creatures" Clone
scored a high commendation and The Diamondback Munich Lager won Best Home Brew overall. (20/20).
I know that it is only a small regional comp and is all a bit of fun but I take my little victories where I can!
Cheers Alx:ban:

Alx, is there an Australian style of beer? I mean, apart from Fosters, what kind of beer is truely indicative of a native Aussie style?

I'm surprised to hear that American Pale Ale is popular there. I'm even more surprised it's not called something like Seppo Water or one of those other clever phrases you folks come up with.

:mug:

G'day, Sorry it has been such a long time to reply but the puter died, Several times over the last couple of months and had to be rebiult from the ground up. only thing original is the tower it comes in. :eek:
Yeah Cheesfood, Coopers would have to be the benchmark when looking at Aussie beers, I rather like the Australian Pale ale but am happy to drink beers from anywhere. Even Seppoland,;) hahaha .Might have to rename it for the next comp, but I'm a bit worried, I have heard that the Aroma from the hops fades in the bottle, with time. And I made that one months ago, Actually I just checked and it seems that I have drunk it all already, Bugger I"lll have to make some more.
ok See yas later
Alx:eek:
:mug:

Back