Can you "feel" your beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
Have you brewed a single recipe so many times that you know within a couple of days when it'll finish? Do you know it's krausen? Do you know your only friend?

I've got a standard pale that I continually brew for the SWMBO and buds. I KNOW that little guy is going to be done in 3 weeks. It hasn't failed me in literally years. I mean, it finishes in the second week EVERY TIME. Given I always pitch the same, always the same ferm temp, always the same beer. As far as homebrew setups go it's reputable in its consistancy. BTW I still take readings every time!

Do you understand your beer on a higher level? Has a brew become a good friend? If you have a friend post about your good buddy.

Mine is my Miami Weisse. :rockin:

My beer is just like my woman. Complex beyond belief, and endlessly frustrating, but I still dream about her, and couldn't live without her.

I haven't brewed the same exact recipe twice yet, so I haven't gotten that close to my brews yet. I'm going to perfect the perfect (to me) IPA this year, and then I'll brew it often.

Just to add to an earlier post, I have never brewed the same beer twice yet. I want to try absolutely everything and each has always been as good as the last. I suspect I'll be into the 100's of brews before I decide to try replicating the best of the best. I document and make notes on each brew and no doubt there will be favourites eventually but why get stuck with one particular brew. :)

My beer is just like my woman. Complex beyond belief, and endlessly frustrating, but I still dream about her, and couldn't live without her.
I thought your were going to say "My beer is just like my woman. Sweet, creamy, and luke warm.":):drunk:

My beer is just like my woman; beautiful presentation, pretty lacing, nice head, and full of booze.

Yes. I've got a core stable of recipes I brew over and over, with only occasional forays into Other Stuff. Usually, the initial foray into Other Stuff isn't quite up to my standards, so I brew it again once I think I've figured out what went wrong.

Cheers!

Bob

I just brewed a repeat for the first time ever. My son and I brewed it together, and it was his first time brewing. I think we brewed it Dec 3rd so it'll move to the fridge (it's kegged) soon. Can't wait to see if it's as good and as pretty as it was the first time around!
But do I know it? Nope, not yet... this recipe is sorta like when you first meet an interesting girl, you do want to get to know her really well, but at first she's kinda mysterious.

Back