Boston bound

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobeers

Reaction score
So me and SWMBO are in Boston for the week. Any recommendations for a beer/history fan to do. The obvious are already on the table- Sam Adams, concord and Lexington history sights. Any suggestions?

The harpoon tour is pretty solid. $5 and you can taste everything on tap. But be careful when they call last call for your group cause some of them will serve their friends still and stop serving you.

Cambridge Brewing Company has the best local made super fresh beers, the pumpkin is delicious.
http://www.cambrew.com/

I've never been impressed with Boston Beer Works beer, but the food at the Fenway brewpub is consistently very good, and it's only like a 300 ft walk to The Yard House which has an awsome tap selection.

Well, we did Sam Adams and it was a pretty good tour and for free we got 7 ounce glasses filled three times. Not to shabby!

Well, we did Sam Adams and it was a pretty good tour and for free we got 7 ounce glasses filled three times. Not to shabby!

Did the Sam Adams tour last weekend. Great tour, knowledgeable staff, really focused on education and appreciation while keeping the mood light. The crowd was a little "YEA WOO BEER!" in a kind of obnoxious way for me, and seemed less interested in the brewing process than the tasting. But for a 2 dollar donation to charity it's a solid tour with something for every beer enthusiast. Highly recommended.

I don't know if Pretty Things does a tour...but their beer is fantastic!

+1 their ipa was fantastic this year. they said it was a seasonal but it did so well they are going to make it again. when citra comes back of course.

Pretty Things, like most other brewers in the area, do not have their own brewhouse. Check out Jack's Abby (Siebel Master Grad) in Framingham just east of the city a bit. They specialize in German lagers and are all quality. Boston is a great walking city and plenty of cool architecture when you get off the main streets. Enjoy!

Pretty Things, like most other brewers in the area, do not have their own brewhouse. Check out Jack's Abby (Siebel Master Grad) in Framingham just east of the city a bit. They specialize in German lagers and are all quality. Boston is a great walking city and plenty of cool architecture when you get off the main streets. Enjoy!

I think Jack's Abbey is the best Mass brewery right now. They are simply doing amazing things and putting out a quality product. The Smoke and Dagger is amazing but I remember trying their IPL and being blown away at the quality.

And yes, Pretty Things is a contract brew out of Westport...several amazing beers are made there, Blatant being one of them.

I second Jack's Abby - solid lineup of lagers. I agree they are probably the best local brewery right now. As for other breweries to tour, there's also Mayflower down in Plymouth (about 30 mins drive south of Boston - no traffic of course! 😃). As you said you're also a history buff, there's plenty of that to be had in Plymouth!

There's also Night Shift Brewery in Everett which is closer to Boston - just a cab ride probably. However, having been there, it's very small & not in the best area. Kind of buried in a rundown old warehouse. But, if you're adventurous, they have some interesting beers (SomerWeisse - a Berliner Weisse, Viva Habanero - I think a Quad with habaneros, etc)

Good to know!

if you are heading to Providence at all...Trinity Brewhouse does a really good job.

Back