Here's to President Ford...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Under the law, you can make up to 200 gallons per household.. should you be arrested?

• Throw me in, I'm guilty!

• Eh, not even close...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Uh. I may be an idiot, actually, I *am* an idiot, but what did Ford have to do with homebrewing? Jimmy signed the law legalizing it in 1978.

oh, we suppose to keep track of that.........what line is that in my journal?

the_bird said:
Uh. I may be an idiot, actually, I *am* an idiot, but what did Ford have to do with homebrewing? Jimmy signed the law legalizing it in 1978.

Yup stole my thunder- it was Carter in '78. Aren't the Maltose Falcons older than that, though?

:p yeah yeah, this is my one stupid post I am allowed this year. Sucks it had to be so early on...

:ban: laugh it up...:ban:

One a year? Cripes, I need one a day. CRIPES, I need one an hour!

Hey - you can just argue that had Ford not been such an unpopular president, Jimmy never would have been elected, and thus he never would have signed the bill allowing homebrewing. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Wolf said:
How the hell did I miss THAT thread? Wow!

I missed it, too! Damn.

We'll here's to Jerry!:mug:

I was a teenager during his term and while he didn't do anything to help homebrewers, at least his wife was a drunk! He didn't do much in office except keep inflation high, make erroneous statements about Poland's occupation by Soviet troops and fall a lot - helping to launch the unfortunate career of an unfunny comic named Chevy Chase. OTOH, he did extricate us from Vietnam and, most importantly, give our country WIN buttons!

win_button.jpg

Ass****s. f'ing brilliant! Like a frustrated teenager who doesn't have any great substantive insults, but they know alot of random curse words. What a great thread...

Incredibly, the WIN in those buttons stood for "whip inflation now" ... people in the 70's actually thought inflation was caused by people NOT wearing these buttons ... economics has come a long way.

as to President Ford and brewing ... little do you realize that Carter got the idea to legalize homebrewing from Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon, who, as we all know was facing years in jail as a result of his (then) illicit homebrewing activities.

see, i wasnt that far off.. haha

:off:

well, i just learned the hard way, not to put your finger in 210 degree boiling wort. oops...

Back