Bread from the yeast cake?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverie

Reaction score
Alright, I've done about a half hour of searching and now I'm giving up to ask. I was once linked from a random (I'd assume mead) post to the wiki page of a German bread made specifically from the sediment/yeast cake of homebrew, historically served with a spread of lard and onions (I know, that probably doesn't sound that attractive to most people!) I think it started with an S, but that's all I've got to go off of. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can point me in the right direction, my first homebrew is about to be racked and I love making new breads, so your help would be immensely appreciated!

I don't know specifically about the German bread. But if you liik below in the similar threads box below you will se several threada about making bred with the yeast cake. Theymay lead you to the german one, or at least give you other recipes. There is also a thread in cooking and pairing about making pretzels with yeast.

Back