Wort Transformation Contest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskerBrewJughead

Reaction score
I have a wort transfermatkon contest comming up. I am making a.plam of attack. Is it safe to re-boil the wort for 15 minutes to add hops and other flavors?
As long as it is sanitized I thought it would be ok.... but thought I would ask.
Its a wheat wort. I plan on adding ammarillo and galaxy hops, lemon verbena and fresh orange zest to one five gallon batch. This is my serious try!
The second 5 gallon batch i was going to try natural cherry extract or puree and cocco nips! This is my attempt to have fun. Its only $10 per 5 gal so why not try somethi.g new.

I believe this is one of those competitions that a brewery or whatever does where you are given a wort and throw whatever yeast/whatever into it you want and then after it is done submit it for review. I believe what the OP is asking if if the wort can be brought to a boil again to re-hop with different hops for aroma/flavoring or other adjuncts.

I believe this is one of those competitions that a brewery or whatever does where you are given a wort and throw whatever yeast/whatever into it you want and then after it is done submit it for review. I believe what the OP is asking if if the wort can be brought to a boil again to re-hop with different hops for aroma/flavoring or other adjuncts.

Thank you for clarifying, i was lost. :drunk:

Back