Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice 1tdb.
I'm brining a chicken to smoke in a last attempt to resurrect my taste for grilled/smoked chicken. I haven't been brining, only marinating and rubbing, and it's usually mediocre. No time for mediocrity when it comes to smoked meats.

Triple Play BBQ Chicken

I have never had a bad recipe from Jamie. http://www.weber.com/recipes/poultry/triple-play-barbecued-chicken. And Triple Play Chicken is no exception!

Of course ....served along side a Phat Tyre (homebrew clone recipe).

019_zpsrumrj6z5.jpg

020_zpssabzxywo.jpg

I rough talked it out of the stall. Made it feel bad about itself. I still haven't come up with a good way to shred the meat. I always end up doing it by hand. I bought those meat claw things and their useless once they get greasy

I rough talked it out of the stall. Made it feel bad about itself. I still haven't come up with a good way to shred the meat. I always end up doing it by hand. I bought those meat claw things and their useless once they get greasy

I use a KitchenAid Mixer with the dough hook.

I saw a video on youtube the other day. They shredded some slow cooked chicken with a hand mixer. The kitchenaid approach seems a bit more gentle.

I thought it looked great too but I'm pretty damn new to this. I know it's tastes might fine though. :)

I'm preparing a rack of baby backs for tomorrow, and I'm going to use Witkos lacquered ribs recipe on post 3183. I do not have red wine vinegar on hand so I will be using Apple cider vinegar instead. The sauce tastes great as is so hoping with applewood smoke and pork it will be a home run.

Pork shoulder (picnic) tomorrow. About 11lbs. Will coat it with yellow mustard and hit it with the dry rub tonight and smoke it tomorrow, all day, while a rebuild my deck.

My kids are always requesting that Daddy make "Yummy BBQ Piggy meat" which is their term for ribs. If the forecast for this weekend wasn't calling for thunderstorms, I'd load up the grill with some Kingsford or some lump charcoal for a low and slow fire, throw in some hickory chunks for smoke, and do up a couple racks of spare ribs with my homemade dry rub.

Apple-smoked pork shoulder rubbed with salt, black pepper and oregano - basted with garlic, lemon juice and olive oil - shredded and served with diced tomatoes, sliced onion, feta and home-made tzatziki in a pita. That's what's for dinner ~

2 butts and 4 racks on a 22" Weber at once. Pretty easy to keep around 225F with the smokenator.

photo-7-65768.jpg

photo-6-65769.jpeg

Back