Damn i make good beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joos

Reaction score
Ok I'm still new to brewing(made about 5 batches,3 that i'm drinking).Every beer I've made so far is the best (of that style) i've ever had.Am i just really good at this,Or do commecial microbrews all suck?I'm thinking it's the latter.Don't get me wrong i love a LOT of microbrew,but they just don't compare.Anyone else feel that way?

If you are using Extract you need to share your recipes and techniques.

There are extract brewers who can create beers that win competitions over AG brews.

If you send me some I'll happily sample it.

Forgot to mention.None of the ones i'm currently drinking are my recipes.I'm not that full of myself :p I have one on the way i made up,But the other three are from LHBS.

If you like hefeweizen,try this.
4oz. German Munich malt
steeped in 1 gallon
6.5lbs. Wheat malt extract
1oz.German Hallertau 60 mins.
Wyeast 3068
2 mashed bananas
2 cup dark brown sugar
primed with 3/4 cup wheat DME

Simple and delicious.lots of banana aroma but not much of the flavor.Half Wheat flavor half creamy hefeweizen goodnes :)

that was a recipe from my LHBS with a little tweaking from me.

Good for you, keep on Brewin'.....I have only done a couple batches so far as well, but I am very pleased with the results.

Even co-workers that I have shared some samples with really loved my brew.
I as well wish I would have started this hobby years ago:mug:

Ya know it may be because i'm surprised it tastes so good(cuz i expected crap the first few times).But i have had 8 sam adams in my fridge for 2 weeks now,And i drink a lot of beer so thats unheard of.I just prefer the stuff i made.

Good for you too Ernie.If we get enough people doing it maybe coors light will become extinct ! :)

I couldn't agree more. I live only an hour from Stone Brewery, yet it's my wife's bro-in-law who makes the best beer I've tasted (I'm sure your brew is really good, too :D). He's the evil genius that got me into this addiction.

It pains me that I have another 10 days 'til I bottle my first batch---actually, my second batch. The first one ended up all over the pantry and ceiling. Wooooops!

I agree, I think I make the best beer and so do my friends. It tastes comparable or better than microbrew. I am biased since I made it. I figure it taste so good because we have a great water source.

My goal with batch I brew is to make it better than the last and typically it is.. its a great feeling to be able to say "holy crap this is the best beer I've ever had".

Back