best Temp. controller...??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

best Temp. controller..??

• Johnson Controls

• Ranco

• other means....

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jester

Reaction score
I am in need of a temperature controll and was wondering what was everyone's opinions between the Johnson Controls and the Ranco..?? or any other options..?? I have an extra kegerator that I am going to use as a ferment chiller, since its starting to get really warm here now... Thanks in advance...

Jester

I had a Johnson on the kegger and it shorted out after a couple years. Lots of sparks! The Ranco I use for fermentation is still going strong. The Ranco is so easy to setup, you don't need the instructions.

david_42 said:
I had a Johnson on the kegger and it shorted out after a couple years. Lots of sparks! The Ranco I use for fermentation is still going strong. The Ranco is so easy to setup, you don't need the instructions.

Do you know the model # of this Ranco...?? I was looking at those and want to make sure I'm looking at the right ones...

david_42 said:

My Johnson controller didn't require any instructions. :confused:

Plug it in, plug the fridge in, turn the dial to the proper temp.

BTW: I'm not voting, because I've never seen a ranco controller and can't possibly pick a side. I happen to have a Johnson, because that's what my LHBS carries.

Back