Looking for an AG Imperial Pilsner Recipe.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have a Imperial Pils Recipe?

I'd prefer it'll AG but I'll go for PM recipe if that's all you got on hand.

Thanks!!

Keep it really simple and try just pilsner malt, Saaz or Sterling hops, a bunch of water, and Czech yeast. You might want to prepare your water from distilled water and brewing salts too. Can you control your fermentation temperature too? I think that's going to be the most critical part to making a really good pils.

I too want to make an Imperial Pils, and was thinking I'd shoot for an OG at around 1.065 - Not too high, but a lot higher than normal Pils.

Keep us posted!

Yeah, I like Rogue's alot. But it is too "imperial" for me. Seems to me that a pilsner is still a delicate beer. Their beer loses that delicateness with that high OG. It's a wonderful beer though IMHO, but for me again I'd shoot for around 1.064-68. Go with lots of those sterlings!

Actually I have a bunch of sterlings that grow in my back yard, and want to try next year with a fresh hop imperial pils using them. I'm just not set up to lager yet... Good luck!

Back