South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 13!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Yep, we show up at the depot and split it up. There's so many of us around here, especially close to the pickup, that even if we're not buying anything I'll still watch in case people need to hold / deliver ..

I would definitely throw a little something someone's way if they could hold a sack for me until the weekend.

They come packed like a brick. It's actually not a bad idea to have a screwdriver or ice pick handy to help break them up.

Best thing we did was bring a huge bow-saw and slice the huge brick right down the middle. Of course, that is if you are splitting with someone. If you are keeping the whole sack, whatever you do, don't try to open it and put it in another container. You will regret it. Try to keep as much of the packaging as possible. I've just opened a small corner and pinch out what I need for each batch.

Aww, this sucks I had plans for 24lbs of grain on Saturday.

Koed - Hit me up on email. I have a sack of 2-Row that is unopened. If you want to come down tomorrow or Friday, you can have it and I will replace it when the grain comes in.

I can also take a look at your burner and/or keggle if needed.

I just want to make sure everyone has either read the following post in the thread or received the PM.

Bad news guys, NCM just called and said they got hit with 20" of snow and their lot is snowed in. No trucks going out until its cleared!

THAT MEANS THE PICKUP FOR WEDNESDAY IS CANCELED!

I have to wait for a call back to set up a new delivery date. I'll keep everyone posted!

I'm hoping to have a set date today.

OK, we are looking at Friday the 18th! It would have been sooner in the week but there is rain and some sort of holiday?

I'll PM everyone tonight with the details!

Yikes. Cutting into my brew day. LOL
Like a dirty, dented, rusty razor! Sorry :mug:

The NEW delivery date has been set for Friday, March 18th at 7:00pm!
(RAIN/SNOW will be the only cause for a change)

1618 Union Avenue
Pennsauken, NJ 08110

When arriving at NEMF, Please wait OUTSIDE in the parking lot to the left of the building until you see me and a pallet of grain! Once you see me and the pallets, drive through the gate on the RIGHT SIDE of the building and drive all the way around the building.

If you are splitting a sack with someone, either plan on bringing a scale or getting a Homer Bucket at Home Depot and eyeballing up your split.

If you can not make it to the pick up on time on the 18th, PLEASE make arrangements for someone else to hold your grain for you!
NEMF is being very kind to allow us to continuously use there parking lot to split up our order. Lets not over stay our welcome. We need to get in and out!

If you can pickup for another member, please do! We have to try not to fill up the lot with cars. They still need to move trucks around.

If you have any questions or problems, please post on the forum or call me directly @ 856-313-3873

Cheers!

read the group buy rules sticky.

No offerings of extra money over costs in the public threads!

When does the next round start?
Maybe 2 weeks? I'm working on a new pickup location for the next round.

There has been a change in the pickup LOCATION for Friday... don't worry, its 30ft away from NEMF. I'll PM everyone tonight with the new address. It is seriously right next to the old location.

NEMF made a last minute decision to stop our splits in their lot. Not a problem at all.

Clear your PMs.

Just PM'd the following:
NEMF has decided to not allow us to use their lot to split orders anymore so we will meet next door this time to split the pallet.

The address to the new pick up location is:
7930 National Highway, Pennsauken, NJ
Google Maps Link
Mapquest Link

As you can see from the map, it is right around the corner! Pickup time may be delayed 15 mins but otherwise, see everyone Friday @7:15pm (look for the red F150 overflowing with grain)!

Call me if you have any issues 856-313-xxxx

:fro:

Not going to be able to grab my stuff tonight. Gotta work late again. Anyone near atco that could pick up for me (just 1 bag of rice hulls)? Thanks!

Dan, ferman is close to atco but If he can't, i'll hold it for you. I work in Mt. Laurel

Hey Dan - I would be happy to grab your hulls but I cannot make the pick-up tonight. Perhaps my buddy, who is picking up for me, can grab them for you. I will check and let you know.

Hey Dan - I would be happy to grab your hulls but I cannot make the pick-up tonight. Perhaps my buddy, who is picking up for me, can grab them for you. I will check and let you know.

German. You're not gonna be at pickup tonight? You are picking up for pjmark right? Will your buddy have a scale?

Ferman-
If your guy can grab my sack, i'd appreciate it :)
I'll be up your way next Saturday for work (not this sat) and could pick it up then if that's ok with you?

I have not been able to reach my buddy, so if he doesn't grab it, Jeff said he can hold onto it for you. Either way, we got your back.

I look forward to drinking all these brews! Thanks! I'm sure i'll see you you again on future buys.

re subscribing

i dont know why i all the suddon stop getting emails after a while.. anyone know how to fix that?

re subscribing

i dont know why i all the sudden stop getting emails after a while.. anyone know how to fix that?

look in the last email you got, the answer is there:
"There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again"

So what you're saying is, you're ready for round 14?

Anyone else? This next one might be the last chance to get grain before Homebrew Day.

Back