Wow... this beer has almost no color

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigidyjim

Reaction score
Just finished brewing my first Classic American Pilsner. It's color is so light, it looks maybe like really weak lemonade.

Hit my OG (got 70% efficiency for the first time!), can't wait to see how the look changes after fermenting and lagering as it clears. It's my first lager, too, so the whole thing is new to me. I don't even know what "bottom fermenting" looks like while it ferments!

Just finished brewing my first Classic American Pilsner. It's color is so light, it looks maybe like really weak lemonade.

Hit my OG (got 70% efficiency for the first time!), can't wait to see how the look changes after fermenting and lagering as it clears. It's my first lager, too, so the whole thing is new to me. I don't even know what "bottom fermenting" looks like while it ferments!

Well, wheres the pics? Whats the recipe? Its like watching a teaser for a really good movie.

It was the Your Father's Mustache recipe: http://www.brewingtechniques.com/library/backissues/issue3.5/renner.html

8 lbs 6 row, 2 lbs flaked corn. Couldn't find Cluster so used 1 oz Northern Brewer at 60, 1/4 oz Styrian Goldings at 10, 1/4 ounce Styrian at flame out.

It's at 70 in the freezer right now, waiting for it to hit 50 before pitching the wyeast 2206 starter I made.

The fun thing about this one is I've never tasted a CAP... so no matter what it will be the best CAP I've ever had... (and the worst too I suppose...). (even if the hops aren't 100% authentic to the style...).

Back