my beers to strong ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zbeeblebrox

Reaction score
Odd thing happened tonight, my mothers best friend is staying with us for a week, low and behold she brought her boyfriend. So I go out to have a cigar (5Vegas torpedo) and he and my dad are outside talking, I see him drinking a big can of busch beer. So I join in the conversation and when I finish my cigar I offer one of my home brews, an ESB. well he had already had about about 3 cans or so and when he started on my pint, and about have way through he started saying that my beer was "kickin his ass". To me this was humorous, as I don't see my beer as that strong. this got me thinking do BMC drinkers really get hit that hard by a real beer? I mean come on. Really?

I would guess he was referring to the flavor maybe? Otherwise he might just be thinking that homebrew is much stronger even if your ESB wouldn't be that much stronger alcohol wise than busch.

I'm guessing he's overwhelmed by the flavor, or he's trying to pay you some kind of compliment. It kinda makes sense in a weird way. If you taste something watered down, and then taste something full flavored, then by comparison you could feel like the stronger flavor equals more of everything else?

I'm guessing he's overwhelmed by the flavor, or he's trying to pay you some kind of compliment. It kinda makes sense in a weird way. If you taste something watered down, and then taste something full flavored, then by comparison you could feel like the stronger flavor equals more of everything else?

What he said, and double it if this was a cellar temp ESB immediately after a cold as ice Busch.

ah, cinco vegas, nice choice...

The can of Busch beer would have been a dead giveaway this guy isn't used to a real beer touching his lips...

Man, slightly off-topicish, but how rude is it to be invited to stay at someone's house for a week and just bring your bf like no one will care?

Most people I know that drink BMC think that the darker color and strong flavors of a real beer = high alcohol content. And if you THINK the beer has a high ABV, your brain will try to tell you that you are becoming more drunk than you really are.

Man, slightly off-topicish, but how rude is it to be invited to stay at someone's house for a week and just bring your bf like no one will care?

well we did know he was coming but it still kinda inconvenient. not too bad a guy but still, kinda odd having him around. i have to entertain him while my mom and my friend are out.

also i love your avatar man "Leonardo Leonardo"

Most people I know that drink BMC think that the darker color and strong flavors of a real beer = high alcohol content. And if you THINK the beer has a high ABV, your brain will try to tell you that you are becoming more drunk than you really are.

I was just about to say this. Also if it has more callories then a busch then the heavyness will be percieved in his body as he had more and is more drunk

He's just used to drinking his oddly flavored water. He's not used to drinking "beer". I wouldn't worry about it bro hehe. I'm sure your beer is fine, the Busch in his hand is a dead give away that he is not a "beer" drinker.

Back