Flavorings-Torani

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen Torani flavorings at coffee bars and other places. The syrups come in both standard and sugar free. They come in an absolute TON of different flavors.

I've read about brewers wanting to make Peanut Butter flavored beer. They have a peanut butter syrup. How about the different berry flavors.. or vanilla or... geez.. so many choices. My wife bought a bottle of the sugar free.. and she doesn't like the sugar substitute after taste.. but, I know a number of people that have tried it at different church coffee bars.

SOOOOOOOO, my question is... Has anyone tried any of these? They sound great and a large bottle is only about $4.50 at our local Smart and Final.. which is sort of like a restaurant supplier.

Sounds like a great experiment in the offing.

Flavoring aside, when it comes to syrup Torani is bottom of the barrel. If you do want to pursue this I would look at companies like Monin, or a local extract syrup maker.

One of the issues with most syrups is that people tend to taste more chemicals over the intended flavors. You could probably make something work fairly well at bottling time though by figuring out the right ratio for the flavor you want. I wouldn't be surprised if it added some sweetness or possibly offset your carb levels as a result.

Good Luck

Back