what small fridge to get

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimsawyer

Reaction score
I have a friend looking to get a small fridge that fits 2 corny kegs without any mods, except maybe a hole in the side for CO2, but that's it. What models meet this criteria? Don't want to bend anything, don't want to remove the shelves from the door. I've actually seen one at a beer club meeting but I can't remember who's house it was at... hehehe

Sanyo 4912 is a very popular fridge for this, since it doesn't have the freezer portion in the top that has to be removed.

plus the drain in the back can be removed and the CO2 line can be push in throught that so you don't have to cut any holes to run lines.

Sweet! Do you have to bend anything out of the way to get the kegs in or is everything just perfect for homebrew applications? :rockin:

Don't do what I did.... I just ruined my mini fridge to fit my 2 new cornies. Little did I know, the freezer compartment had gas lines running thru it, so when I removed it, there went all the freon.... Now I have a nice box.

The Sanyo 4912 doesn't need any modification on the inside. You might need to cut the inside door section out if you want to fit the CO2 tank in there as well. If not, everything can be run through the drain.

Are there any models out there that can hold 3 cornies? I've got a big chest freezer with 4 taps, but if I could do 3 in a minifridge, I might just use the chest freezer for fermenting and have the minifridge in the house for serving/parties.....

The Sanyo is great. You can remove the inner door panel easily and replace with a sheet of plastic from the Home Depot. I think it can fit 2 kegs plus the CO2 inside. Lots of kegerator help online.

The Sanyo is great. You can remove the inner door panel easily and replace with a sheet of plastic from the Home Depot. I think it can fit 2 kegs plus the CO2 inside. Lots of kegerator help online.

Do you have to do that to fit the kegs? Don't want to remove the door shelves. I have seen a mini fridge that DID NOT need that mod to fit 2 kegs in it.

Not true.
For the Sanyo all you have to do is reverse the bottom shelf on the door (it is removable by hand). You can leave the rest of the door as is, and it will fit 2 cornies and a 5 lb tank/regulator. Barely. It helps to build a simple small wood platform for the CO2 tank to sit on in the back, with some bungy cord to hold it back. No tools necessary.

If you want the CO2 tank inside the fridge, then you'd have to remove the door shelves.

Mine fits 2 cornies and a 5 lb co2 tank no problem I put in a little shelf, to hold the tank up, but the tank still falls over every time I put a keg in or take one out. You really don't need the shelf, you can just wedge the tank behind the two cornies, it fits no problem.

That is SO sweet!!! Can't wait to tell my friend! Going to look lots of prices up now. THANK you everyone!!!!!!!

Back