I just poured 6 glasses of foam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cshann19

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my first post but I have really enjoyed reading this site on saterday mornings while I watch our kids and let me wife sleep in.

So I was racking some beer this afternoon and thought I would have a few glasses off my kegs. I poured multiple glasses of straight foam from both kegs. I checked my gas pressure and it was at 28PSI. It was prevously set to 12-15PSI serving pressure. The question is, does the weather effect the pressure? A major storm kit us all week. Does the Baro pressure effect anything? And what can I do to get my kegs back? I bleed the pressure off. Is that going to get rid of the foam?

Thanks for the help
Larry

A 13-16 psi shift is indicative of something functionally not up to par, not a weather change.

In two years of operating a six tap keezer and a year with a separate carbonation fridge - both with external CO2 tanks and regulators - I've very rarely had to adjust any regulator to maintain a specific set pressure, weather changes or no weather changes, and even those few times it was only for a pound or so...

Cheers!

The quickest way to get rid of pressure is to hook the CO2 to the IN side and blow CO2 through the beer. This will scrub the CO2 out of the beer. It will also be a big foamy mess. I've never done this, but it's been mentioned on here before.

A slower but less messy way is to pull the pressure relief valve (if your kegs has one) and get the keg to room temp. As it warms up, it will give off a lot of CO2. After a day, close the PRV and get it cold again.

This is what I've done several times and its always worked great. Disconnect the co2, bleed off all of the co2, you'll have to do this several times over a couple of hours. After the last bleed off, reconnect the co2 after you've confirmed that the dispensing pressure is set correctly. Wait a week until it recarbs to the correct pressure, or use the shake or roll method of force carbing. It sounds like something is messed up with your regulator.

Back