What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More, Great hot weather beer will need a rebrew,

IMG_3967.jpg

Just don't go and get it yourself. Many people have gone into DC's cellar and haven't been seen since. ;)

a guy I work with made the mistake of telling me about a disturbing dream he had where I was a serial killer taking people into a basement. I keep telling him that I need help with something in the basement and he gets all creeped out.

About to brew a fresh cup of coffee. Had to pick up a gift for SWMBO's birthday after I picked some FREE CASCADE HOPS!!! Boo-yeah!!! It turns out that a friend had a bunch and her son, a home brewer, moved for a job and couldn't use them all anyway. This is about 13 ounces. I need to figure out what to use them in! I have a 1 gallon Citra Saison that I'm going to rack onto vodka soaked cherries...maybe I'll toss a few ounces in there. This little extra gallon is a bonus from a bigger batch that I'm going to dry hop with Citra. There was 1/2 oz Citra @ 30 and 10, and will have a 1 oz Citra dry hop. I'm hoping the gallon will yield about 2/3 of a gallon. I'll rack onto a pound of fresh cherries that I stuck in the freezer with about a cup of vodka. I was going to skip the Citra dry hop, but maybe I'll add some Cascade.

DSC05163.jpg

About to brew a fresh cup of coffee. Had to pick up a gift for SWMBO's birthday after I picked some FREE CASCADE HOPS!!! Boo-yeah!!! It turns out that a friend had a bunch and her son, a home brewer, moved for a job and couldn't use them all anyway. This is about 13 ounces. I need to figure out what to use them in! I have a 1 gallon Citra Saison that I'm going to rack onto vodka soaked cherries...maybe I'll toss a few ounces in there. This little extra gallon is a bonus from a bigger batch that I'm going to dry hop with Citra. There was 1/2 oz Citra @ 30 and 10, and will have a 1 oz Citra dry hop. I'm hoping the gallon will yield about 2/3 of a gallon. I'll rack onto a pound of fresh cherries that I stuck in the freezer with about a cup of vodka. I was going to skip the Citra dry hop, but maybe I'll add some Cascade.

I'll raise you 4 pieces of chicken breast and some squash. Water on the side.

Hey Remmy,

Think I can harvest the yeast from your conan pale ale that you sent me?

You still have that thing? :off: :D Not sure. I created a starter with the last mason jar of Conan that I had shortly after I brewed that beer, and it went nowhere. So, my guess is probably not.

I'll raise you 4 pieces of chicken breast and some squash. Water on the side.

You still have that thing? :off: :D Not sure. I created a starter with the last mason jar of Conan that I had shortly after I brewed that beer, and it went nowhere. So, my guess is probably not.

Wait, so you made the starter and pitched it and the beer didn't ferment? Did you pitch another yeast? Is this not technically a conan pale ale then? And yeah, I still have it. I'm about to drink it.

Wait, so you made the starter and pitched it and the beer didn't ferment? Did you pitch another yeast? Is this not technically a conan pale ale then? And yeah, I still have it. I'm about to drink it.

It wont hurt to try it. Just make a small starter and see if the yeast is still active.

Hb saison, done cleaning up, doing it again tomorrow:rockin:

I might join you. :mug:

No, I made a starter and saw absolutely no activity - Conan was dead. I always have US-05 on-hand for that very reason.

I'd be curious to know how it smells and tastes being that it's months old. That was a peach/pineapple bomb.

Well I'm gonna let you know very soon. I forgot about it. I also still have the RIS and porter/nut.

Are you me - 2 hours in my future? My saison just started to boil and tomorrow is another brew day.

Water.
You best hope not,
What's tomorrow's brew? Fuzzy's Hi Nelson it on deck( providing the hops show up) great stuff, the last keg kicked fast, Thanks Fuzzy!
Hot pepper ale, There's something to be said for bottle conditioning, peppers have mellowed out a lot, pretty tasty.
Putting a third tap in the kegarator;)

IMG_3974.jpg

You best hope not,
What's tomorrow's brew? Fuzzy's Hi Nelson it on deck( providing the hops show up) great stuff, the last keg kicked fast, Thanks Fuzzy!
Hot pepper ale, There's something to be said for bottle conditioning, peppers have mellowed out a lot, pretty tasty.
Putting a third tap in the kegarator;)

Plan is a RIS, but gotta head to HB store after I'm done with this and get all the grains. I assume they will have everything as it's nothing crazy. The starter for that one is ready to be stepped up this afternoon.

More water. No beer until after I get back from HB store.

Haha jerk. Your warrior pale ale...no Conan. :) it's real good. Still get some citrus and definite hops.
View attachment 214636

I made that one with Conan. :D

Ok - left the office a bit early, picked-up grain. Today suddenly turned into mother****ing brew day, bitches! :rockin::rockin::rockin:

I made that one with Conan. :D

Ok - left the office a bit early, picked-up grain. Today suddenly turned into mother****ing brew day, bitches! :rockin::rockin::rockin:

Bad ass man! 🍻 I won't be brewing until next weekend.

I'm drinking BPA free water... Exciting.

Eating ice cream at the airport, waiting for a delayed flight home. Apparently Amy's made #12 on a list of the nation's top ice cream shops. I'd believe it. What? That's not a drink you say? Yea well, it's still ice cream. :p

Tomorrow should be a transition to vacation/work from home day. ie, packing, errands, and responding to an occasional email.

Oh hell ****ing no!!!!!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406837386.225241.jpg

Party time. Heating strike water.

Anniversary gift from SWMBO.

I'm digging it a lot. Bottle tops drop-in through a hole at the top. Going to hang it soon.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406839164.599248.jpg

My gift to her consists of a vacation (not the one I booked in a few weeks with the kids) somewhere remote. And a night in NYC - expensive steakhouses, why the **** not? Considerably more expensive, I'd say. ****.

Mashed-in. Time to go move one of the cars out of the garage so I can get a boil going before I get drunk. :D

Just slammed a southern tier ipa and now at an ice rink to watch my 6yr old learn to skate. Shoulda brought a beer in my coffee mug. Oh well, I can wait a bit...

So...my wife comes out with a box and says "I think this is yours".

Inside is 6 beers. 3 from Fins and 3 with the caps labeled "N C H". The H bottle is still capped but only half full.

1406842959970.jpg

Back