Cascades

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulasaurus

Reaction score
C'mon spring get here! Can't wait to watch them grow even bigger this year.

These were just a few of my cascades from my 2nd year plant during last years harvest.

Hops1.jpg

Hops2.jpg

Hops3.jpg

Not sure how they can get much bigger, they were monsters and some of them were even larger than in the picture above. The 2nd year plant yielded me nearly 2 lbs dried before I gave the rest of the plant away and there was probably another 1 lb+ left on the plant. It was a monster.

Here's a pic of it at midway through the season. Cascade on left, 1st year Centennial in the middle and 1st year Columbus on the right.

2.jpg

You should make a zen hop cave. Just go in there in the evenings and breathe.

those are some serious hops cones. hopefully wheni get mine deliverd this spring i will be able to get some going nicely.

I grew cascades last year for the first time in plastic half barrels (because I was moving and didn't want to leave them behind). The cones grew to be about 2 inches long and I ended up with a pound! I was quite surprised.

I grew cascades last year for the first time in plastic half barrels (because I was moving and didn't want to leave them behind). The cones grew to be about 2 inches long and I ended up with a pound! I was quite surprised.

Nice! Cascades love growing here in the northern midwest. Hard not to get them to produce well really.

Back