My compost has been going nuts since I read this...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and it cures Athlete's Feet too!!! :rockin:

I read a similar article a couple of weeks ago.

Now all you have to worry about is the neighbors calling the cops because you "exposed" yourself...:mad:

Alternately, you could use a chamber pot...(I wouldn't use a beer pitcher either since, well, both products are a similar color...) :drunk:

I've done both. At night, I figure it's too dark for anyone to see and if I want to give my compost a nitrogen booster during the day, I use a bucket. :D

Another excuse for me to pee outside. Awesome. Take that neighbors!

brewing a 10 g batch every week and a half or so really makes for some stinky compost. pissing on it would make it reeeealy stinky too

Reminds me that I really need to finish that composting barrel project I started a few years ago. I've already started saving my urine in a jar in the garage. I have one jar labeled "Old Gas" and one labeled, "Not Old Gas". (And I'm not sure why, but the urine jar has a pretty good amount of solids in it...)

I have a bucket for peeing in the garage on brew days. At the end of the day it's the last thing emptied on my pile of spent grain compost........And there I was thinking I was just being a filthy old hippy. I'm an eco warrior! :D

It does seem to work though. I had nothing happening in my compost bin for a few weeks. I'd turn it and would have whole weeds come out of the middle looking like I'd just dug them up. Pee on it a few times and a week later it's cooking away like an oven!

Back