Anyone have to work today (Friday Nov 28th)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
I had work today, went in and did absolutely nothing... most of the guys left around 3pm, I snuck out at 4pm...

What a royal waste of time, the phone didn't ring once and all I did was set up for work on Monday.

Then again I work with a bunch of ******-nozzles who like to email each other all weekend about work...

Working right now (can't you tell?;))

Working tomorrow. Then again Sunday. And Monday and Tuesday and ...
Figure next day off will be Dec. 13. Can't wait.

I had to stand 4 hours of watch this morning, but then I was done. I hate it when people talk shop during time off, unless you have a real cool job to talk about. Is firefighting not as cool as it sounds.

Firefighting is 90% boredom & 10% terror. And goes rapidly between the 2.

...........but I'm a wildland guy, what do I know!?

I worked yesterday and today and I've gotten lucky enough to land on the shift that will get the pleasure of working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day as well. Firefighting is a great job but sometimes your shift just gets screwed. Was that whineeee enough for you guys? We made a great spread here at the station anyway and were going to make prime rib for Christmas. Its not all bad. Good to see you Zac, how was fire season? Cheers!

Surf, It was great. We pretty much got it handed to us for a few weeks, then the weather took a turn & we got almost a foot of snow over a few days. I actually spent Thanksgiving with the family as opposed to on some d@mn fire-line. Speaking of holidays, there hasn't been a holiday that I've been home every year for. Name all 13 or how ever many of them, I've been working at least once for all of them. We truly have a 12 month fire season. 6inches of snow this past monday & I heard some traffic from a district west of us today that had a fire going already. We're already back into it.

I'm in Mexico, no Thankgiving for us!

Be thankful you didn't have to eat Turkey yesterday!!!!

-1 on working today. Saw the new Bond movie, drinking Sam Adams holiday porter! Woot, woot! (whatever that means) :rockin:

I'm a sales rep. As long as I answer my phone, Ima workin'! Managed to do that in between a buncha HB's & smoking a turkey! :rockin:

Worked all day yesterday and today. Our zoo is open 365 days a year and even if it wasn't I'd still have to work. Animals don't like to take a day off from eating.

I worked yesterday and today and I've gotten lucky enough to land on the shift that will get the pleasure of working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day as well. Firefighting is a great job but sometimes your shift just gets screwed. Was that whineeee enough for you guys? We made a great spread here at the station anyway and were going to make prime rib for Christmas. Its not all bad. Good to see you Zac, how was fire season? Cheers!

Jeez.... Firefighters. Eat well why the medics do all the work. Working tonight and all weekend.
Did get the Java stout moved over to the secondary today! The day was not wasted.

Hospitals don't close, but at least they slow down on the holidays. Paid 8 hours free and then time and a half for 12 hours to sit around and not really do anything.

I had to work twice today, just like any other friday. :( 7 hours this morning starting at 7am, and about 5 hours starting at 9pm

Working right now. Like the '*****-nozzle' though. Gonna commit that one to memory and get some mileage from it.

Back