Hi from Detroit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldengrl

Reaction score
Hi all. My name is Wendy and I'm from Detroit. I'm pretty much a craft addict( if there's a craft, I've more than likely done it). This was suppose to be something for me and the hubby to do together but we'll see.

Right now I'm putting a brown ale in the fermentor. I can't wait:mug:

Welcome, and happy brewing!

If you can stand the male domination (no wait, that doesn't sound right, ummm...) well, if you and your husband don't mind interacting with a group of largely male (and occasionally sophomoric) fellow brewers, there's lots to be learned here. And more importantly, plenty of fun to be had.

:mug:

Bike N Brew said:
Welcome, and happy brewing!

If you can stand the male domination (no wait, that doesn't sound right, ummm...) well, if you and your husband don't mind interacting with a group of largely male (and occasionally sophomoric) fellow brewers, there's lots to be learned here. And more importantly, plenty of fun to be had.

Right- what he said. Welcome!!!!!! :mug:

Just made my first batch and working on my second. There is a wealth of information here. I don't know what we'd do without the internet....

Welcome aboard

Happy brewing....

Thanx for all the welcomes. I've been looking through everything since I joined( last night) and I have to say that it's great HERE. And it's cool to see locals that I can use for info:) .

The day barmaid Heather at The Oak Cafe in Wyandot is a Homebrewer and besides its got over 200 beers in stock (non-big four). Welcome to the world of creation. You have just opened the doors to things you never imagined

Wow first time I've seen the Oak mentioned on a homebrew forum. I grew up in Wyandotte and moved out of state about 2 years ago. Whenever we find ourselves back in MI we usually spend at least one night at the Oak.

I think the last time I was there was probably right around last christmas. I think the next time I'll be there will probably be around this christmas.

Welcome Gold!!!

To you and your hubby from a fellow Michigander!!!! Where in Detroit do you hail from?? We are blessed with many microbrews.

Go Tigers!!!!

Cheers.

John

Primary: empty
Secondary: #1 Autumn Amber Ale
On Deck: Octane IPA

Sorry Goldengrl, I thought I had posted to this thread already.

Welcome to our forum, lots of helpful people here.

Hope you stick around. :mug:

Just another Detroiter checking in. We are pretty lucky here in Michigan compared to so many other states. I mean we got Bells, Dark Horse, Dragon mead, Kuhnhenns, Black Lotus, Atwater, Royal Oak/Rochester/Detroit Brewing Co's, Founders, Motor city Brewing, Traffic Jam and Snug, Michigan Brewing Co, and surprisingly many more that my brain is having trouble remembering. I'm not sure of how you buy your ingredients, but more to the north of metro Detroit you can go to Kuhnhenn's brewing store (Chicago @ Mound) or Cap'n Cork (21mi and Garfield). Michigan Brewing Co runs a website but I am not sure if they have a store front for it. Anyone know of some good supply shops other than those two in the Detroit area?

Welcome aboard goldengrl.

Just a few rules:

1) Brew early…brew often.
B) Ask every question you can think of. We all have.
4) When in doubt…always refer to rule number 1.

Have fun.

David,

I'm looking very very hard at GW Kent in Ypsi. They've got Briess 33 pound jugs of malt extract for 36 bucks, and great deals on grain too.

Anyone interested in a bulk buy, let's get together....I'll do the dirty work!

Welcome to the goldengirl!

Yep, I'm another Michigander.

Back when I used to live in Michigan I would buy supplies at Brew and Grow (Used to be in Livonia @ 8 mile, but they moved somewhere else in Livonia) or Things Beer (the homebrew stored associated with MBC, in fact this is where my wife bought my first kit from).

david_the_greek said:
Just another Detroiter checking in. We are pretty lucky here in Michigan compared to so many other states. I mean we got Bells, Dark Horse, Dragon mead, Kuhnhenns, Black Lotus, Atwater, Royal Oak/Rochester/Detroit Brewing Co's, Founders, Motor city Brewing, Traffic Jam and Snug, Michigan Brewing Co, and surprisingly many more that my brain is having trouble remembering. I'm not sure of how you buy your ingredients, but more to the north of metro Detroit you can go to Kuhnhenn's brewing store (Chicago @ Mound) or Cap'n Cork (21mi and Garfield). Michigan Brewing Co runs a website but I am not sure if they have a store front for it. Anyone know of some good supply shops other than those two in the Detroit area?
I went to Dragonmead last week.

You guys sure have lost your German accents. :mad:

Schoenherr (shone-hair) is not pronounced "shoner" :mad:

Back