Happy Mother's Day HBT Moms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
Here is a Happy Mother's Day for those female brewers who also happen to be mothers. Hope it's a great one.

Even if you don't have kids, you've probably provided advice and nurtured a brewer here, so I'm going to count that too. :)

Happy Mother's Day to you all.

Well, thanks, McK! It was a great day! I kegged 10 gallons of beer, and racked 14 gallons of wine. I made a 5 gallon batch of IPA, and then made 2 pounds of feta cheese followed by whey ricotta. Since I was in the kitchen, I roasted asparagus and potatoes in a balsamic vinegar/olive oil combo and served it with lightly marinated grilled pork. The IPA is already blurping along, and the feta is ready to be cut. The ricotta is draining. I changed up some kegs in the kegerator, and flipped the cheeses in the cheese cave.

It was a perfect Mother's Day. I'm exhausted!

(My daughter got me flowers, and my son did remember to say "Happy Mother's day! Yuck, it smells in here").

Well, thanks, McK! It was a great day! I kegged 10 gallons of beer, and racked 14 gallons of wine. I made a 5 gallon batch of IPA, and then made 2 pounds of feta cheese followed by whey ricotta. Since I was in the kitchen, I roasted asparagus and potatoes in a balsamic vinegar/olive oil combo and served it with lightly marinated grilled pork. The IPA is already blurping along, and the feta is ready to be cut. The ricotta is draining. I changed up some kegs in the kegerator, and flipped the cheeses in the cheese cave.

It was a perfect Mother's Day. I'm exhausted!

(My daughter got me flowers, and my son did remember to say "Happy Mother's day! Yuck, it smells in here").

Sounds like a good day. I made breakfast and dinner for my wife. Got her some storage containers for her beading/jewelry making hobby and a lighted magnifying lamp.

Hope it was a good one, Yoop!

Good day here as well. Made SWMBO homemade buttermilk biscuits and sausage gravy for breakfast (one of her favs) and my parents and grandmother came over later with 4 dozen crabs!

Think I mowed down a dozen or so. :rockin: Good thing I have a wife that thinks crabs are a perfect Mother's Day dinner!

crabsnbeer.jpg

Back