Places to drink craft beer in Bagram Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael88n

Master Napper
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm leaving for Afghanistan in a few hours (and I've always loved that subject line).

I've heard that it's beautiful in the springtime. Not that I'm really looking forward to Spring.

So I'm going to take a break from brewing for a while.

Any HBTers in the AO?

Cheers,
Michael

I was there last year from Jan-may.

It was nice for about 1 week. Then you realize the bugs are coming out

I was there from 5/05-5/06. They had non-alcoholic brews on post but most tasted terrible. O'Doul's Amber tasted like beer. There was another in a gold can that tasted a lot like beer. Unless things have changed, you'll be on your own, if you get my drift.

Feel free to PM.

Keep safe man. Don't get the non-alcoholic stuff from the PX unless you absolutely have to. There are generally some people around brewing (least in Kuwait), have to carefully ask around.

Or just pack an airlock and yeast. If nothing else, can get honey and water and make some mead. :)

I have it on good authority (an MP that trained locals) that the best people to talk to obtain local brew is the cops. While Afghanistan is a Muslim country it is not as strict as some on liquor consumption.

Best regards and thanks for making a difference.

I have it on good authority (an MP that trained locals) that the best people to talk to obtain local brew is the cops. While Afghanistan is a Muslim country it is not as strict as some on liquor consumption.

Best regards and thanks for making a difference.

Afghanistan was NOT a Muslim country until the Taliban took power. The primary religion was Buddhism

The locals can get you any hard liquor you want. You just have to know who to ask. Forget about beer. Also- it against regulations to to receive ingredients for making hooch. I would not pack an airlock or mail-order one.

Back