Mikkeller business

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eon

Reaction score
Hey guys, Can anybody tell me anything about Mikkeller's business model? I know that he doesn't have his own brewery. He goes around and uses other peoples equipment.

How does this work? Does he pay for all the ingredients? Did he get his start this way or did he have a license to sell homebrew or something? I'm really interested in all the aspects of what he does.

Would love any input. Thanks!

It's all contract brewing. He owns the label and all the intellectual property but pays other breweries to brew up his recipes. Google around for the term "gypsy brewing" or "gypsy brewer" and you'll find more info out there.

He is not really interested in brewing, he just likes creating new recipes because it is a way to get attention. Hence his littany of EXTREME beer recipes.

And yes, it is all contract brewing. Most of his european stuff is made in Belgium, which a lot of people here in Denmark do not realize. He is a brand.

Back