South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 15!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since I was already planning a trip to Capone's I will most likely go there first and then if Im still looking for stuff I want I will look elsewhere thanks for the recomendations.

have you tried gary's wine in madison or the shoprite liquors in caldwell?

...i spent 5 months working in morristown and staying in both morristown/parsippany and these are the places i was able to find some hard to find beers...not sure about russian river though?

definitely the foodery, they always have RR. You could also check Hawthornes (queens village) or The Bottle Shop (south philly)

OLDBREW - I am picking up 2 jars for my buddy jimfish. I assume he made arrangements with you and/or Jeff already. Is that correct?

Well since I was already planning a trip to Capone's I will most likely go there first and then if Im still looking for stuff I want I will look elsewhere thanks for the recomendations.
I would definitely recommend Capone's even over the foodery. Capone's has the most RR sours i've seen in one spot.

OLDBREW - I am picking up 2 jars for my buddy jimfish. I assume he made arrangements with you and/or Jeff already. Is that correct?

Yes, jim asked for 2 jars. Cash to be paid at pickup. If he is just going to give it to you after pickup, i can just take it out of what i owe you.

looks like rain in the morning/afternoon... the night should be clear! see everyone tomorrow!

If you have a tarp, bring it!

I'm psyched as well... but I have no idea how I'm going to store all these grains!!!!

I was looking at homer buckets from home depot, and those snap closure containers too.... but I'm just not sure what would be the best way to store the grains.

Can anyone help me out with some practical ideas on how to store them? What do you guys/girls do?

Can anyone help me out with some practical ideas on how to store them? What do you guys/girls do?

I store my full sacks in the bag they came in and have them in air tight totes. Anything I've split with someone goes into Homer Buckets. I label everything with a piece of tape and a sharpie.

Of course the best way to store it is in liquid form.... in your belly.:ban:

I just use the cheap rubbermaid totes and run a piece of foam weather stripping around the top to help get a good seal...

Some tips for tonight that will help everything run smoothly:

1. I you cant remember what your ordered, I'll have a list.
  2. If you're not sure what brand of malt you get, Ask someone for help.
  3. If you ordered a BD-PALE, it will say PALE on the bag.... not MOPA.
  4. If you can do your splits at another time, please do so. If not, no big deal.
  5. Double check what you have BEFORE you leave.
  6. After you have your complete order, tell me so i can check you off the list.

If anyone has any ground cover they can bring in case the ground is damp, that would be great.

If you ordered a BZ-WHT, i posted earlier about the last minute change by NCM to substitute with CM-WHET. There is a $4 difference in price so I'll have the cash on me to reimburse you.

See everyone tonight!

Get ready for the next round because im looking to make a few splits! (Round 16 starts tomorrow)

Some tips for tonight that will help everything run smoothly:

1. I you cant remember what your ordered, I'll have a list.
  2. If you're not sure what brand of malt you get, Ask someone for help.
  3. If you ordered a BD-PALE, it will say PALE on the bag.... not MOPA.
  4. If you can do your splits at another time, please do so. If not, no big deal.
  5. Double check what you have BEFORE you leave.
  6. After you have your complete order, tell me so i can check you off the list.

If anyone has any ground cover they can bring in case the ground is damp, that would be great.

If you ordered a BZ-WHT, i posted earlier about the last minute change by NCM to substitute with CM-WHET. There is a $4 difference in price so I'll have the cash on me to reimburse you.

See everyone tonight!

Get ready for the next round because im looking to make a few splits! (Round 16 starts tomorrow)
Yeah i wouldn't mind getting in a split for maybe some pilsner and vienna. And don't worry about my 4$, i already had it in my mind that money is gone so put it towards gas or something. :rockin:

I'm a newbie and want to get a cheap bag of 2-row. Anybody have one they can't pick up or know when round 16 will be?
Thanks.
It starts tomorrow night! Keep an eye out!

How long does a pick up usually take for everyone to get their grains?
It was a lot longer tonight then usual since this was a 2 pallet order.

Good to meet everyone tonight! Thanks again to all involved and I'll see you in a few rounds.
Nice to meet you! Enjoy the grain! Even though ferman tried to steal your MOPA... haha

Thanks for doing it and making it so smooth. Cool to meet you guys and im sure i'll be seeing you again.

Thanks a bunch Lordura I hope everything worked out right in the end and everyone got the grain they ordered. It was quite an impressive operation...

I have to say, thanks as usual Jeff. For two pallets, everything seemed to go quite nicely. Too bad you could not come back to Jim's. We had a good time and there were a lot of guys from the club there when we showed up.

Nice to meet you! Enjoy the grain! Even though ferman tried to steal your MOPA... haha

Hey now. I had two dudes throwing sacks on my truck faster than I could cross them from the list. It's a miracle that MOPA was the only bag that was wrong. Everything else (except for the missing Pale) was spot on.

One pallet... I'm only going to do two pallets every once in a while. After doing two pallets, it slows things down a little.

Latest posts

Back