are 2 gallon fermenters available??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtakacs

Reaction score
i know BB has a 3 gallon, but 2 gallon is the perfect size for me to peel off some side projects and i can't find them anywhere (damn you google!!)... (and no, i'd rather not do two 1-gallon jugs) glass or plastic doesn't matter to me..

Some folks are using Montana Jars....They come in all different sizes including 2 gallons.

IMG_3672.JPG

From here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/tepache-200053/

And here's info on turning one into a fermenter...

2 1/2 gallon Montana Jar Fermenter

Of course the metal lid in the one from the thread (from target) is important for making an airlock grommet space. Can't easily do it with a glass top.

HD sells #2 HDPE white paint buckets that are 2.75 gallons, around $3-$4 if I recall. They are perfect for fermenting 2 gallon batches. Just drill a hole in the lid for the airlock.

i was looking for bottles not buckets... thanks for all the info tho, i might look into a DIY montana jar or four.

i'm looking for long term fermenters and want bottles instead of buckets, i don't care if they're glass or plastic - i just want reusable, durable and safe.

thx debrewer... i'll check our local whole foods... looks like what i'm looking for.

Some folks are using Montana Jars....They come in all different sizes including 2 gallons.

IMG_3672.JPG

From here https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/tepache-200053/

And here's info on turning one into a fermenter...

2 1/2 gallon Montana Jar Fermenter

Of course the metal lid in the one from the thread (from target) is important for making an airlock grommet space. Can't easily do it with a glass top.

Revvy, what do you have fermenting there?? I can make out the pineapple, apple, and a cinnamon stick. Looks interesting!

Didn't you notice the link just below the picture that I wrote "from here" Did you click on it....All will be explained there.;)

Yeah, meant to go back and edit that post. Looks tasty! I read all through the threads. Gonna try it out this summer. Even SWMBO is on board!

I have some 2.8 gallon glass carboys. Not sure where they came from - but at least sometime between 85 and now they were available (got em in a lot of stuff bought from the son of a deceased brewer).

Why not two 1 gallon rossi bottles?

Got some 3 gallon plastic buckets from the local IGA store's bakery, used to have icing in them, so super easy to clean and no residual odor. They even have a lid gasket......I just drilled the lid with a 1/2" paddle bit and installed a rubber grommet, available for purchase in fine homebrew supply concerns everywhere. This should be an ideal size for 2 gallon fermentation.

Latest posts

Back