Cannot decide what to brew next

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abweatherley

Reaction score
So I will be bottling my first homebrew next week and want to to start thinking about what to brew next I am thinking maybe a wheat or possibly a big beer like a RIS or a Hop Czar Clone of some sort. it will be the second batch and I have a secondary fermenter as of yet unused.

I would stay simple to get your line wet. Once you get a few cases ahead, make something that needs to secondary.

I would make a quick porter or something darker and roastier for the cold months.

Or you can make an IPA and dry hop it in secondary while you get your third beer going:rockin:

Winter beers!!!!! You could brew a Norther English Brown Ale or Irish Red Ale they don't take very long. Or you could brew a Scottish Ale, needs to age a couple of months.

Yeah I've got a nut brown in the pipeline right now was looking at an IPA or APA. any kit suggestions??

Go dark. I tend to brew dark in the fall/winter, and light in the spring/summer. I don't really plan it, that's just what I end up craving.

I just brewed this one. Letting it go until December or so:

OG 1.080 @ 69% Efficiency (yikes!)

9 lb 2-row
4 lb Munich
1 lb Crystal 120
1 lb Chocolate
2 lb Roasted Barley
2 lb Oven-toasted Flaked Oats

1 oz Magnum (12.1%) at 60
1 oz Willamette (5.4%) at 10

Mash @ 152

US-05

Hoping to attenuate to 1.020.

A bit excessive on the roasted barley and the oats, but I'm a big fan of the roasty/toasty flavors, and it should be good for the winter.

I just brewed this one. Letting it go until December or so:

OG 1.080 @ 69% Efficiency (yikes!)

9 lb 2-row
4 lb Munich
1 lb Crystal 120
1 lb Chocolate
2 lb Roasted Barley
2 lb Oven-toasted Flaked Oats

1 oz Magnum (12.1%) at 60
1 oz Willamette (5.4%) at 10

Mash @ 152

US-05

Hoping to attenuate to 1.020.

A bit excessive on the roasted barley and the oats, but I'm a big fan of the roasty/toasty flavors, and it should be good for the winter.

That looks mighty tasty, let us know how it turns out:mug:

ive got ingredients for a pumpkin ale. figured if i brew this weekend should age nicely for thanksgiving dinner. basing it off the samhain pumpkin ale recipe here on hbt.

northern brewer has a special limited time only beer on sale called the Landlord sounds delicious thats going to be my second brew

Back