Help! Wife wants beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winstonofbeer

Reaction score
So, I have been brewing for over a year now.
I made the wife raspberry beer once by taking 5 gal of my blonde recipe and adding 1/2 can of raspberry puree to it.

Came out nice...but still to much "beer" flavor for her.

She wants me to make a Smirnoff Ice Raspberry.

Got any idea's????

Please i need the help, This women allows a 6 tap kegerator in the living room! :ban::ban:

Have you tried applewine? A lot of wives seem to go for that one. You could also keep some margarita mixed up in one of the taps. Sorry, I can't help you with the Smirnoff Ice.

Maybe reduce the hops to bittering only and dry the beer out so that the raspberry flavor really comes through? By drying the beer out, I mean adding sugar - which will ferment out fully and thin the body, perhaps thinning out the beer taste too.

Search the forums for "Drop top Cranberry HARD lemonade" thread, I dont know how to put it's link in this post. There is a recipe for a hard lemonade that can be tweaked however you want. The only issue is to properly make these drinks sweet, you have to be able to keg them to carbonate. But then again that may be a selling point on the kegging equipment

Search the forums for "Drop top Cranberry HARD lemonade" thread, I dont know how to put it's link in this post. There is a recipe for a hard lemonade that can be tweaked however you want. The only issue is to properly make these drinks sweet, you have to be able to keg them to carbonate. But then again that may be a selling point on the kegging equipment

Couldnt you just backsweeten with lactose or splenda?

Try a cream ale base instead of a blonde. Having the corn and/or rice in there really helps lighten the "beer" flavor, as does cutting back on your hop usage.

And listen to uwjester. Apfelwein is teh awexome. Served cold and carbonated, with a small slice of strawberry, it's a definite ladies' favorite.

Lemongrass/Pomegranate Wheat. 1.5oz lemongrass 5min boil (add coriander if desired),

16-32oz Pomegranate juice and 2 oz lemongrass secondary. Voila!

My wife loves most of the beers I make except for the hoppiest ones. She absolutely loves my blonde and wit. She informed me that I need to make the blonde my house ale :D

I Took a look at the recipe on that, It looks fairly interseting...and i allmost want to to give it a try because you can really use a lot of differnt juice combinations to get a flavor your looking for.

Couple questions here tho, I noticed that a problem in the thread was some SWMBO didnt like the yeasty flavor from beer or champagne yeast.
Never really saw a solution on that, or least one that i understood.

2nd, This seems a little wacko, But instead of useing extract has anyone tried to do a all grain and see how the flavors change? :drunk: or am i off my rocker?

I made a cream ale, That everyone that trys it thinks its awsome.
She one the other hand says ya its not to bad...allmost could drink it but still tastes like beer.

Asked her about cider. Found out she hates cider. I got kind of its freaking revolting responce and was told go ahead make it...Hope u like cider.
GRRRRR

Had a wild idea tho,
Barley Wine. Its smooth, rather sweet, not much bitterness. Least the couple that i have tried.

Any imput on this?
Never made a barely wine.... Might be a tad bit intersting.

Reason i thought of barely wine is, I have only found 1 bottle of wine she would ever drink and its Fruity as hell.. Bout 1/2 a glass and your done. Really super sweet.

Barley Wine sounds like the exact opposite of what she wants.
It is not wine; it is high alcohol beer-- with a lot of hops to balance the malts that make it high in alcohol.

if she does not like cider and doesn't like wine [except for what sounds like a super sweet desert wine] and wants a smirnoff ice knock-off, then -- you can keep trying but until her palate improves (errr, changes)-- but I don't think you will be able to make a drink that she likes. good luck anyways

6 tap kegerator in the LIVING ROOM? Wow, my wife and I needed some "time to think" before my 1 tap keg found it's place in our kitchen. When I say "my wife and I" I really just mean my wife. She's awesome and LOVES all beers, even IIPA's, but the kegerator was a struggle for a while.

I scaled down a belgian blonde to about 4%, added a bit of lemon to secondary for my wife, Lynne Marie, dubbed it "Lynne Marie Snickett", and it's become a favorite of many in the family. She likes it, but can only handle 6-8 ounces. Low alcohol tolerance.

Look for a recipe on this forum called "Yellow Fizzy Beer" or something along those lines. I brewed it recently and it is definitely a chick friendly beer. :)

I made what has been dubbed a raspberry lemon champaign. I bottle condition so its ultra dry but if your kegging you could stop fermentation and force carb. I used 6 cans of frozen lemonade concentrate and 2 cans of raspberry juice concentrate with 5 lbs white sugar. I used 4 cans lemonade and sugar up front and added another can each week till they were gone.

swmbo likes orange rum, mixed with Hawaiian Fruit Punch.

Another good mix is berry vodka mixed with 7up to taste...As the night goes by..Mix stronger and never know...by the night end might have a good laugh :ban:

I would take your wheat beer recipe and just load it up with blackberries. There is a local brewery here in Reno that has a blackberry ale that taste like those carbonated fruit juices you buy at the store.

Back