Lable/Brewery name I came up with

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hefeweizengeliebter

Reaction score
So my wife and I are weird, and we were married on Groundhogs day... we did not pick it because it was groundhogs day, we just wanted to get married...blah blah blah

we have many groundhog themed things around the house, so it got me thinking, and this is what I came up with quick like in photoshop

BeerLable.jpg

I like it. Especially the Braürei part (umlauts are great).

yeah I did it half English half German because that is me... I speak a lot of German, and proud of my German heritage... but my 1st language was English

BTW Groundhog in German is Grundschwein..... Grundschwein Braürei just does not sound as good :)

"I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster and drank pina coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. *That* was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over...
"

You could brew up a Punxsutawney Phil Porter

AWESOME :rockin:

You could play with themes from the movie and of course since you were married on that day you would want to make something related to that for the wife.

Maybe a Matrimonial Mead? :ban:

I lived in Augsburg, Germany from 1975 -1979. I earned 9 college credits in German in 1979. I vacationed there in 1991 and 1994. I also lived outside, but worked in, Bamberg from 1999-2004. :ban:

However, I'm a bit confused on your use of the umlaut and misspelling.

"Brau" (brow) or "bräu" (broy), is the word for brew, not braü...I've never seen any instance with an umlaut over the "u" in either "au" or "eu" combination. It's always over the first vowel.

Also, I never seen "brauerei" with an umlaut.

I'm also curious to know why you spelled "brauerei" correctly on the first label and not on the others??

However, "Grundschwein Bräu" does have a ring to it!! Zum Wohl!! :mug:

I lived in Augsburg, Germany from 1975 -1979. I earned 9 college credits in German in 1979. I vacationed there in 1991 and 1994. I also lived outside, but worked in, Bamberg from 1999-2004. :ban:

However, I'm a bit confused on your use of the umlaut and misspelling.

"Brau" (brow) or "bräu" (broy), is the word for brew, not braü...I've never seen any instance with an umlaut over the "u" in either "au" or "eu" combination. It's always over the first vowel.

Also, I never seen "brauerei" with an umlaut.

I'm also curious to know why you spelled "brauerei" correctly on the first label and not on the others??

However, "Grundschwein Bräu" does have a ring to it!! Zum Wohl!! :mug:

I spelled it correctly at first.... but I figured I would umlaut the u, thinking no one would notice actually.... Think I am just going to change it back not that I have been called out on it :)

or may just shorten it to Groundhog Bräu

Dank

I spelled it correctly at first.... but I figured I would umlaut the u, thinking no one would notice actually.... Think I am just going to change it back not that I have been called out on it :)

or may just shorten it to Groundhog Bräu

Dank

Don't change it back, I like the umlaut!

But it's in the wrong place resulting in a misspelling...liking it is wrong...

He did say he was hoping no one would notice, but...;)

But how many American's know German? How many would really notice? Now if he were going to be sending it to Europe a lot more people would notice. But I guess it's better safe than sorry. I just like all diacritics (ç is one of my favourites), probably because we don't use them in English. I also like the German ß. I know, I'm crazy.

Anyway, Hefeweizengeliebter, if you prefer Brauerei, it's still cool as it's German. And your logo is awesome either way.

Back