Beer cans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awill

Reaction score
image-2343740889.jpg

Any can's worth talking about?

Schlitz malt liquor of course. If you are talking about cans that are out today, Sierra Nevada cans aren't bad. 21st ammendment makes good stuff that is in cans.

Thanks for the advice. Also any of these old cans worth anything or any rare ones.... ?

image-1246709367.jpg

This can is awesome !

Not looking to sell or anything just talk about them !

Old cans were made so that you had to have a tool to open them. They actually punched triangular holes it the top.

Not so old cans were a lot flimsier and had a ring on top that you would pull on and a section of the top would come out!

Newer cans have a tab that you lift and a section of the top folds inside the can.

And the newest ones have that and another section that you push in!

:D:D:D:drunk::drunk::drunk::D:D:D

Your beer can collection looks astonishingly like mine, which I started during a trip to Ohio in 1973! Some may be worth five bucks to the right person (Steelers fan?) but mostly it's just that the labels are cool all together.

Cans.JPG

the rock ice. im the 3rd generation in my family to work at the brewery in latrobe although ab stole rr from here the old stuffs still cool.

also to RobertRGeorge the iron can is one of the beers that we brew there currently

I like the penny can, penny in the morning, penny in the afternoon, penny at night..... If nothing else they are nice to look at haha

Penny cans aren't in picture couldn't get the whole wall I'll take a picture when I get home and put it on anyone else have any cool cans? Put up some pictures

Here's a few you might like. I collected most of these in the wild. The Pabst can has instructions on the back on how to open it. They're easy to follow!

old cans.JPG

So Iron City beer is brewed in Latrobe now? I guess just the home offices in Pittsburgh? The Iron City Amber looks interesting. Probably won't find it east of the Mississippi though, right?

yea the amber is not bad. not sure on were all they are distributing it to. they are working hard to build the brand up

Latest posts

Back