Am I the only Nadia G fan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else discovered "Bitchin Kitchen" on the cooking channel with Nadia G? Not only does she have this whole retro/punk/burlesque/pinup queen hotness going, but she dresses up in all manner of fetishistic wardrobe but she has this unique accent that's part Italian and part jersey girl.

And her show's a lot of fun, with this oddball cast of characters, and somewhat r rated humor.

nadiaG_lead1.jpg

abc_ann_wtb_nadia_101011_wg.jpg

nadiaG_newgallerymain2.jpg

She's on now....

Last edited by a moderator:
yuri_rage said:
there go two minutes of my life i won't get back. I find her completely unattractive, and that awful accent sounds forced. Sorry...you asked.

+1

Yeah, she's Canadian, not Italian, and her accent is horribly forced.
That said, I have watched so many idiots calling themselves "chefs" on TV, cooking meals they have no clue about, and basically all making the same lame a$$ shows, that I can definitely deal with her fake accent, for the sake of fun, and if she actually know what she's cooking, even better.

I'm half Italian myself. One think she's right about is Italians are in love with food. So when I watch some fat skank cooking malfatti on TV and calling them gnocchi, I tend to get very upset. I'd like to at least watch her, and se if she knows what she's talking about. But at least she looks Italian.

About her being unattractive...Yuri_rage, check this out.

You're welcome.:mug:

I find her incredibly hot. Unfortunately, I can't stand the fake accent to the point that it is difficult to watch with the sound turned on. Also, SWMBO hates her so that doesn't help either...

She doesn't hold a candle to Giada de Laurentiis. I love to watch her stir/whisk...so much shaking! :D

giada-de-laurentiis.jpg

She doesn't hold a candle to Giada de Laurentiis. I love to watch her stir/whisk...so much shaking! :D

giada-de-laurentiis.jpg

Well, to each their own, but it seems to me you're comparing apples to oranges.

Giada de Laurentiis is a 40 year old Italian woman who hosts a cooking show. Sure she's cute, but I can tell you 2 things about her: first, if you spent a week in Italy, and took a closer look at the average Italian woman, you wouldn't even look at Giada again, and second, any Italian woman who uses a rolling pin to stretch pizza dough is a poser, at least in my book. If she doesn't know how to stretch pizza dough with her hands, she has nothing to do in an Italian kitchen.

Nadia G, on the other hand, is a 30 year old Canadian woman, making a show that's more of a comedy, where she also cooks. Sure, her accent feels contrived, but that seems to be a trend among cooking hosts lately. Paula Deen's southern accent also feels forced, even when she IS a southerner, and, if you ask me, I'd rather watch this girl than P.D. any time of the week, sound on or off. Not to mention that Nadia G. is, as of today, the only English speaking cook I've seen that got the Genovese pesto right. Amazing how such a simple sauce seems to be so challenging for most of them.

I've seen Giada's show a couple of times in the last few weeks (in the clinic I go for therapy they have a TV, always on the food network). I like her, but I wouldn't eat any of the foods I've seen her make.
I have never seen Nadia G. other than the videos I watched on youtube last night, after I read this thread. Her foods are a lot more authentic than Giada's, and, AFAIC, the humor makes her show a lot easier to "digest" (pun intended) than any other cooking show I've seen.

Id pass on that one. But takes a certain type of person. My housemate is in love with Kat von d, I find her vile.

Coming from a true, NY Italian, that is a fake ass accent! :)

I hear some tinges of a Russian accent in there. Not sure if that is her REAL voice coming out or just part of the fakeness. She's decent looking though, that's for sure.

I can't stand Jersey Shore, and this is just a cooking show version. She does look good in some of those outfits, but I can find good looking girls on pretty much any other channel, without being annoyed. Plus the way she is caked in makeup really makes me wonder what she would look like the next morning. Scary thought.

In the interests of redundancy, the things I thought of when watching that:

1. Forced
2. Fake
3. Inauthentic
4. Trying WAY too hard

I just can't get over that. The fact that she's not particularly hot doesn't help.

I miss *actual* cooking shows.

Yeah the accent seems pretty fake. But she's hot, though. so, if you don't mind her voice, it's all good. Kinda like Fran Drescher that way.

Just so we can put the accent thing to rest.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rEH58ZpTZRY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah, it's fake.

Wow. Even when she loses the Jersey girl persona, she's still annoying as all hell. I squinted real hard since there's no Pearl Vision store nearby, and that masculine jawline and butt chin stood out even more.

Just not my cup o' tea.

Oh!! It's comedy!!! I hate when I watch something and don't know when to laugh. Giver her laugh track like all the other bad comedy shows. That'll fix it. ;)

I've seen Giada's show a couple of times in the last few weeks (in the clinic I go for therapy they have a TV, always on the food network). I like her, but I wouldn't eat any of the foods I've seen her make.
I have never seen Nadia G. other than the videos I watched on youtube last night, after I read this thread. Her foods are a lot more authentic than Giada's, and, AFAIC, the humor makes her show a lot easier to "digest" (pun intended) than any other cooking show I've seen.

Who's talking about eating the foods that they cook? I'm talking about eating something entirely different... ;)

giada-de-laurentiis.jpg

Giada is a bobblehead!
Sure she is cute if you only look at her face but her head size doesn't fit her body. Zoom out and her head is three times too big for the rest of her.

Who's talking about eating the foods that they cook? I'm talking about eating something entirely different... ;)

Well, you may think I'm weird, but when I watch a cooking show (especially one as dull as Giada's show), I expect to find something to eat (like a meal, I mean) out of it. For other kinds of eating I tend to look somewhere else.

Back