Electric Controlled HLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewluver

Reaction score
i am looking at doing in the future a system like POL's BLING BLING Electric HERMS thread but I have a lot more reading and learn about it to do.

For now though I would like to make an HLT that was electric and was controlled so i could set the temp i want and not worry about checking it with my thermometer every couple of minutes. I'm thinking a 10 gallon HD cooler but i also have a spare keggle. What would be the best way to set this up and could i do this on only 120V. I only do 5 gallon batches right now just so you know.

any info would be great.

Go with 220 5000- 6000 watts and use the keggle
It s worth the extra effort and money. You can also boil in it.
once you boil with electric you will not ever use anything else. and being setup to do a 10 gallon batch is something you will probable be looking to do in the future.

yeah that link posted above is what i have been reading, But i would like have that to help my propane burner get my wort to a boil.

But i would really like to get some sort of e-hlt so i don't have to worry about my water temps. Just set the controller to the temp needed and forget about it.

I bought a conversion from Brewmation.com
and converted an old 15 gallon brew kettle into a HLT
You will see that you could buy a nice HLT all set up if you wanted
You can see it in my gallery

Back