Fake Cigarettes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dataz722

Reaction score
Anybody try those fake electric cigarettes? I am thinking about getting it for my wife. Opinions.... brands to look for or avoid???

Friend here at work bought one, he seems to like it. Said it was about 200 for a good one. Goodluck, I'll get better details from him.

****, I knew I saw a thread about it somewhere recently. I thought it was a different website and couldn't find it. Thanks.

yeah, i think my wife has kicked the nicotine addiction but is have a VERY hard time with the mental addiction of actually smoking. I am hoping this will help.

yeah, i think my wife has kicked the nicotine addiction but is have a VERY hard time with the mental addiction of actually smoking. I am hoping this will help.

Note that while some "e-cigarettes" are just fake cigarettes designed to satisfy the habit for the act of smoking, many of them delivered a dose of nicotine when you use them. If your wife has kicked the physical addiction to nicotine, but not the psychological dependancy, this could re-addict her to the drug.

Actual e-cigarettes haven't been approved for sale in the US, so anything you get here will be without nicotine, unless it's been illegally imported.

From the little that i have read it seems like they have interchangable cartridges with varrying amounts of nicotine from high to non. That is something that I have to make sure is available.

I smoked a pack and a half a day on weekdays and 2 packs a day on weekends for 13 years. I tried everything to quit including things similar to these and nothing worked. Till i asked my doctor about Zyban, he told me it was just Wellbutrin repackaged. He said that a side effect of Wellbutrin was that people quit smoking, especially if they were consciously aware of wanting to quit. So the manufacturer repackaged it with a different name for those that want to quit smoking.

He told me insurance usually doesn't cover Zyban though but most will cover Wellbutrin. So he gave me a bunch of samples of Wellbutrin and wrote me a prescription to fill if i ran out of the samples.

He told me not to quit right away but to just slowly try to ween myself off. After a few days i found that i wanted them less and less and in less than a week i had quit. After a week i could feel myself going through the nicotine withdrawals but the Wellbutrin kept me so mellow that i didn't care and it really took the edge off from the withdrawals. Another thing to note is that you shouldn't drink on Wellbutrin. Which not only helped me quit, but not drinking for a little bit helped me to stay quit.

I quit taking it after 3 or 4 weeks. I did struggle for a bit not smoking when i started to drink again but time healed that issue.

Back