pumpkin ale trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chumley

Reaction score
I brewed a batch of Yuri's Thunderstruck pumpkin ale, I hit all the mash temps and gravity was pretty much spot on. Fermented with S-04 at 65 F for 3 weeks, and it's been in the keg for 3 weeks.
It seemed to turn out pretty good, but definitely not my favorite. I'd love to try a bottle of someone else's pumpkin ale, or even spice ale. Of course I'd send you a bottle or two of my pumpkin ale for tasting, I'd love to get some feedback on mine. Thanks!

i'm also interested. My pumpkin ale is not ready for shipping yet, tho. I need to check on it today and possibly bottle it tomorrow (11/5).
send me a PM and we can exchange one.

wendy

I brewed a batch of Yuri's Thunderstruck pumpkin ale, I hit all the mash temps and gravity was pretty much spot on. Fermented with S-04 at 65 F for 3 weeks, and it's been in the keg for 3 weeks.
It seemed to turn out pretty good, but definitely not my favorite. I'd love to try a bottle of someone else's pumpkin ale, or even spice ale. Of course I'd send you a bottle or two of my pumpkin ale for tasting, I'd love to get some feedback on mine. Thanks!

I just tasted yours. It tastes a lot like Harvest Moon. Good flavor, but I can't taste the Pumpkin. Good carbonation too. You should get mine this week. It isn't quite as carbonated, but has a distinct Pumpkin flavor.

I mashed with the pumpkin as per Yuri's recipe, the only thing that I didn't follow was the amount of spice added, I used only 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice at flameout ( for 10 gallons).
I smell the pumpkin more than taste it, I can taste the spice but probably only because I know I put in there...it's barely perceptible.
Thanks for the feedback!

I received Rek's pumpkin beer in a swap. On opening, there was good carbonation and a nice pumpkin smell. The color was pleasing. In general, it was a clean & tasty ale. I was looking for more spices, though that might be a personal preference.
Thanks for sharing!
Wendy

Back